User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 posts
    WorkingClassMum - you are an absolute legend

Rule #15 - You will be expected to smile politely at clueless comments from childless female coworkers who say things like 'Oh it must be so nice to only work 4 days per week, you're so lucky, I wish I could do that' or 'That's so great you get Mondays off - must be so awesome to have a three-day weekend!'

Listen, bimbos - I don't work four days per week. I work SEVEN days per week. I'm a MUM - it's a full time 24/7 gig! On the four days you mention, I'm actually working at two jobs: my mummy/housekeeper job and my office job. Yes I am not in the office on Mondays, but it's not a 'day off' - I have a toddler to care for, a house to clean, grocery shopping to do and errands to run, for gods sake! I don't spend my Mondays sleeping in and then watching DVDs all afternoon while painting my toenails and sipping cocktails!

Mmm, cocktails....
    Last edited by aquarius; 30-12-2009 at 03:32.
    Me ~ 34 ~ I'm breaking through, I'm bending spoons, I'm keeping flowers in full bloom
    DH ~ 36 ~ Blue-eyed boy meets a brown-eyed girl... the sweetest thing
    DD ~ 4 ~ A brand new day, sunrise over sea

2. The Following User Says Thank You to aquarius For This Useful Post:

FloatingFairy  (02-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Amber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Rule 16 If you are 'young' and a working mum, you are dumb and should have waited to have kids till you had more money

Rule 17 If you are 'older' and have kids, you must have been dumb with your money when you were young and waited too long to have kids

Rule 18 Expect that if you don't like your job and dare complain it's actually 'cos you secretly envy SAHP's

Rule 19 There are lots of jobs for mothers b/w 9am and 3pm, you just aren't looking hard enough
    "Free speech does not give you a free pass to say incorrect things and not be criticised for it."

Rosemary Johnson

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WorkingClassMum View Post
    Rule 16 If you are 'young' and a working mum, you are dumb and should have waited to have kids till you had more money

Rule 17 If you are 'older' and have kids, you must have been dumb with your money when you were young and waited too long to have kids

Rule 18 Expect that if you don't like your job and dare complain it's actually 'cos you secretly envy SAHP's

Rule 19 There are lots of jobs for mothers b/w 9am and 3pm, you just aren't looking hard enough

Thanks
    Reviews
    this thread makes me so happy. i just read it to my mil who is a working mum and grandma and she laughed so hard.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by workingclassmum View Post

rule 19 there are lots of jobs for mothers b/w 9am and 3pm, you just aren't looking hard enough
    hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Rule 20 - It will automatically be assumed that you are so wealthy from all the work you do that you can easily afford cleaners, takeaway and to eat out every Friday, Saturday and Sunday Night. All working parents just have money to burn, afterall that's the reason you are working...
    Last edited by WorkingClassMum; 17-01-2010 at 18:25.
    "Free speech does not give you a free pass to say incorrect things and not be criticised for it."

Rosemary Johnson

Thanks
    Reviews
    ha ha so true - I love these!!

(except for the husband ones for me - my DH is very helpful and does bath duty every night and actually enjoys it!)
    me + DH
    DS the sunshine in our lives
    November 2001, August 2010
    # 2 due Feb 2012

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rule 21 - your child must either hate daycare or only enjoy it because you leave him there all day and it is like home. It can't be possible that he actually just enjoys both.

I actually had someone say to me today, I can't believe that you leave him in daycare all day (no, you're right it would be heaps better if I left him at home by himself) and when I said he smiles and is happy when he sees the lady I get told well it must be because he gets left there all day so she is like a mum to him. Or maybe, 3rd option, I have a well adjusted child who doesn't scream when I leave him with other people but is still excited to come home of an afternoon.
    me + DH
    DS the sunshine in our lives
    November 2001, August 2010
    # 2 due Feb 2012

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurse2Be View Post
    Rule 21:
    Your child didn't go to kinder...?
    Teachers at school give you strange look when they learn that kid has gone to kinder at creche, and responds,"Oh, I see."
    Just remember to Rule 7, 9 and 9a once they start school...

Rosemary Johnson

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rule 22: It is completely unreasonable to have to leave work at 5.30pm to collect your children from daycare. You should be able to make other arrangements.