User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Lightbulb After natural miscarriage is there any way to help HCG levels drop faster?

Hi all,

I miscarried naturally 11 days ago when I was 6.5 weeks pregnant.

I saw my FS this morning and they said that if my HCG level is below 10 when I have my blood test on Friday then I can start on Primolut to bring on my period early as I'd really like to be able to do another FET in December before the Christmas - Dec/Jan. closure of my clinic.

My HCG level was 36 at my last blood test Friday last week and I'm wondering if there is anything I can be doing to help my HCG levels drop faster so that hopefully they are below 10 when I have my blood test this Friday?

I've read on some posts that people think drinking lots of water helps. Has anyone found this effective or do you have any other suggestions - e.g. could Acupuncture help my levels drop?

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi buttonbub

I cant help you on your question...not sure if you can do anything to bring hcg down quicker? Just wanted to send you these sorry to hear of your loss.

Best of luck for tomorrow so you can move forward and closer to your button bub!

Take care
    YY
    Yin 39 Yang 42
    7 years of IVF with 5 precious
    Cycle #19 our miracle Earthangel finally with us Mar 2012
    WORTH EVERYTHING!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi
    After my last MC i was in the same boat as you. I was told that HCG levels drop as fast as they go up. So if they double every 2 days, they drop by double every 2 days. This would mean you are below 10 now and ready to go

Good luck -
    Me 30 + DH 31 =
    Max - 17th June 2009 - the product of 6 full stims on ICSI and 3 FETs
    Twins!! - Ned and Annabelle - 4th April 2011 - the products of 2 FETs and 1 full stim on ICSI

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi YinYang and LulusMum,

Thank you so much for your hugs, good luck wishes and thoughts.

Good news, my blood test on Friday showed that my HCG level had dropped to 4! My FS considers anything below 5 as negative.

It was so great to get a "good/wanted" result from a blood test after the last weeks of blood test results just before my miscarriage when my HCG levels were not rising as they should.

So I started the Primolut yesterday so that I will get my AF earlier and hopefully be able to get a FET in before the clinic closes over Christmas. Good to be able to be back in with a chance again. Thanks for all your support.