User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Is Centrelink fraud the new norm?

I am furious

A good friend of my DH has met a woman on the net, and now she is moving states to be with him, which is fine... BUT...she gets the dole, doesn't want to work, and says she will continue to get the dole when she gets here, and live with her boyfriend who works.

*takes a deep breath* Now, I am ropeable.

This person is on the dole as a lifestyle choice. Just does not want to work. She has no children, is fit, healthy and in her mid 20's.

So DH's friend is over the other day, and I said "oh, I guess A will be getting a job, cos she wont be entitled to the dole" and he says, nah, she will still get it, she is going to tell Centrelink we are just mates

WTF

Oh, and he tells me another couple we know live together, woman gets SPP, man gets dole and does cash in hand work...

My blood is boiling over this

Is this the norm now? Am I missing something?

IMO these particular people are dead lazy.

End of rant

Thanks for readling

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know so many people who rip off centrelink...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    That is my point Shiraaa, is it the new norm?

I just don't get it........

Makes me furious when DH and I struggle week to week

Thanks
    Reviews
    The only reason I don't say anything is because I know their kids will suffer. Like when centrelink find out WHICH THEY ALWAYS DO! The kids will suffer because the parents have less money paying 1000's of $$$ back to centrelink..

I think everyone at some point(ok maybe not everyone but most People) rip them off atleast once, but some people just don't give a sh!t. Sad really.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've known people who have done this....

But I also know two people who have been caught, had to pay back all the benefits they were not entitled to which were massive amounts and faced fraud charges.

If you feel that strongly about it you call centrelink and tip them off
    Jade 12/02/2009 You remind me of the babe What babe? The babe with the power What power? The power of voodoo Who do? You do Do what? Remind me of the babe

Thanks
    Reviews
    My MIL is a correctional officer in a jail.

She said there was an 80 year old man in there serving time because he ripped off centrelink.

She asked him why he did it. He said that he wanted to be able to have some money for his wife when he died.

I feel sorry for him.

So I guess not everyone rips off centrelink to be complete jerks.

But, if you're so p!ssed off about it, why don't you report it or something? There has to be something you can do.

Otherwise, it's her choice.. Don't get involved unless you really feel like you have to.

And in all seriousness.. why do we always feel like we have to intrude on other people's lives. It's not like she is directly hurting anyone.
    When I cry, I am not being naughty or misbehaving; I am not being unreasonable. Please listen to me when I am feeling this way. I know it's hard to listen to me cry. Listen to me so that I don't repress these feelings and turn bitter when I get older. Please don't distract me. I need to deal with these feelings. Offer me hugs and support. Stay with me when I cry. Listen.. Keep listening..

BoyCrazy is offline <MY SWEET BABY GIRL HARPER 9 MONTHS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    yup, you can call anonymously (sp) check out their website, am pretty sure they have all the details there.

sucks doesnt it!

even famous types rip off centrelink..remember AJ rochester from biggest loser (the host) she got caught and faced court etc for fraud.

DS1 Bayli 18/10/05
    * DS2 Jasper 03/02/09
    DD1 Harper 28/01/11
    **BFP!! Bubba 4 Due 29th September 2013**

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    If you are furious enough about it, then I would tip off Centrelink. There is an anonymous on-line section where you can do that.

It makes me furious too. I could never do it though, I would always be looking over my shoulder waiting to be busted, and no doubt I would be eventually.

DH and I struggle from week to week too, but I know when we do make it to the end of each week, we did it on our own and didn't do it dishonestly or with someone elses help.

Karma will come back around eventually
    "Whatever you do in life may seem insignificant to you, but it is most important that you do it"- Mahatma Ghandi

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    You know I feel sorry for this woman who is moving. How in earth anyone thinks that bringing in $225 a week whilst paying rent, food, utilities etc etc is living it up really has no idea about what is out there
    She is moving here to live with her DH who earns good money working in security... she does not need it

Plain greedy, thats all. And a massive sense of entitlement

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    You know I feel sorry for this woman who is moving. How in earth anyone thinks that bringing in $225 a week whilst paying rent, food, utilities etc etc is living it up really has no idea about what is out there
    Yes I get that it is hard, but being dishonest and participating in illegal activities is not the answer
    "Whatever you do in life may seem insignificant to you, but it is most important that you do it"- Mahatma Ghandi

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast