This might be a long story, but please bare with me because I really need some help and reassurance...
I am 27yo, DH and I have been TTC for 2 and a half years, about to commence IVF when we (miraculously) managed to concieve natrually. I am about 6 weeks.
Anyway, we moved to Parramatta from Newcastle 8 weeks ago, we have no family here. I have Cystic Fibrosis and have been unable to get into the clinic here yet.
When I took the HPT we made an appt with a GP, based on a recommendation on a website. Our visit was awful, she was more interested in talking about my husband's health than my pregnancy (he is in perfect health), and didn't even ask obvious questions (like what medications am I taking). When I asked queations she dismissed them as trivial. She would not test my pregnancy hormones even though I asked her to, and when I requested a referral to the high risk Ob she would not write it until the PG was confirmed with U/S. My LMP was 3 months ago (I am very irregular), but I knew I was not that far along and didn't want the scan yet, but it was the only way we would get a referral.
So I did the scan, and there were no fetal poles visable yet, but it wasn't an internal U/S so I guess that's normal. The report from the U/S place said "No fetal poles visible yet, however this my be normal this early. However cannot rule out possibility of blighted ovum."
When we went back to the Dr. she made me feel like the baby was just as likely to be alive as dead, and gave me the impression that she thought I was silly to have done the HPT so early at all. She still would not write the referral (though people with CF need expert care from early in PG) and wants me to wait to do another U/S in two weeks.
I know that if I wait for another scan it will be more accurate, but I just can't stand this waiting, I need to know that everything is OK. My PG symptoms are coming and going, but I think this is normal at this point. I have not had any spotting at all.
We are not going back to that Dr (EVER) but I am wondering first of all how soon I can get another scan so I know what's going on, and also if there is anyone who can recommend a Dr in the Parramatta or surrounding areas that might be a bit more sympathetic.
Thanks for your replies!!