User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Do you wrap newborn when...

When you put your newborn in the pram (bassinet part) do you wrap them? Or just cover with a blanket?
    I have no idea!
    Me & DH
    Plus two cheeky, adorable toddlers!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    I use to wrap keiara the put the buckle done up around the outside of the blanket.

If it was a cold day I would also put a blanket around the top of her.

I always wrapped her when I put her down to sleep no matter what she was sleeping in.
    A woman should never invest in a relationship she wouldn't want her daughter in, nor allow any man to treat her in a way her son would get scoled for.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Depends my little one is happy not to be wrapped she doesnt
    like her arms wrapped up so unless she is sleeping at night or out of sight during the day will I wrap her
    If she is wearing cooler cloths I wrap her in there but most times our car capsual is attached to the pram so we can't wrap her when she is straped into the car capsule
    most times I have a sheet over her in the pram or blanket if it's cold
    do what you think is comfortable

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    If I wanted my ds to sleep he was wrapped in the pram with buckles over the top.

~* ME + DH *~

~* DS - 7 DD - 2.5 *~

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would wrap them, but also put a blanket over the top, or do the buckles up. Being pushed around a pram can cause them to roll...

It's happend a couple of times with dd. As young as she was it's like pushing her in the pram helped her body move around more...

Thanks
    Reviews
    If we're were out no, only because they would get cranky but they did have 2 blankets over them. Now they are only wrapped to go to bed & know that if they get wrapped its bed time.
    Krystal 24 Luke 29
    T, A & J
    17 May 2009
    Suffering in silence.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just put the blanket on. I only wrap at night, I want him to eventually get used to not being wrapped.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    If ever I've needed bub to go to sleep and he's not dropping off in the pram I would wrap him - otherwise not, there was no point. Because we had just a Maclaren Stroller I'd wrap them first and then do the buckles up - with the foot muff on he wasn't going anywhere.

I saw a little bub today when I was shoppping, maybe 3 months oldish wrapped, not buckled, in a reclining stroller (so not a bassinet or even a large pram, just a little stroller, no straps on and it was sleeping on its side. I was tempted to mention something to the mumma giving her the benefit of the doubt that she'd forgotten to do the straps up? - because I forgot to strap Jasper in when he was 4 months old and he fell out of the pram

But I didn't want to be... errr.... nosey.... so I walked on by... but it would have been so easy for the bub to roll out, even if she just cornered a bit fast or when off a pavement wonky

I hope she noticed! (i hope she didn't do it knowingly!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    i always did in the beginning and i still do sometimes when i really want him to sleep. in my basinet pram i can till get the belt on when he wrapped.
    DS born 03/07/2009

Me - 36 Dad - 37

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I only ever wrapped at sleep time and this included if she was sleeping in the pram