+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 5 week pregnant - dull ache in left side???

Hi ladies,

Just wondering what you think of this? For the past few hours, I've had a dull ache (no sharp pains or cramping), in my left side right in my pubic area - sorry if that was tmi! I'd liken it a little to ovulation pain. It's constantly there and travels around to my lower back on the left side. As I said, it's not a sharp pain and certainly nothing that has stopped me from walking around or picking up my 3 year old, but I'm a bit anxious about it. I only found out I was pregnant on Monday, and after having had a Chemical Miscarriage in December, I'm really uptight and scared stiff about anything happening with this pregnancy. I tried to call my IVF nurse, but she has gone for the day and I was at my GP yesterday with low blood pressure, so if I call him, he'll think I'm a hypochondriac!!!
    I had a quick read about Ectopic Pregnancy and it says the pain is sharp and crampy, which isn't what I'd call this.
    Any thoughts please???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi

I'm sorry but i don't have any advise for you, but i'm currently 5 weeks pregnant and am having similar pain. Mine is also on the left side and i would definately describe it as a dull ache in the ovary area. I'm hoping it's just my uterus stretching. I too looked up ectopic pregnancy and i dont have any cramping, sharp pains or bleeding and I'm having an ultrasound in a couple of weeks, so i'm hoping to make it to that.

Good luck.
    Me + DH =
    our beautiful girls

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your message Olivia01. I ended up speaking to another IVF nurse and she didn't seem all that worried. She told me to take some Panadol and if the pain didn't subside, to go into Emergency at Epworth. The pain didn't go away completely, but if certainly wasn't as noticeable. I had to take more Panadol just before I went to sleep, and today I haven't had the pain at all, which is pleasing. I must say that it's reassuring to know that someone else is also feeling the same thing - it makes me feel that it's probably just normal early pregnancy twinges. Having had a miscarriage though, I'm just so very scared about anything going wrong again. It's going to be a long 9 months, I think!!! Good luck with your pregnancy, and thanks again for your reply.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi siansmum,

I had the same thing but on my right hand side and as it happens my right ovary was still very enlarged from the IVF treatment (I had a scan just to check as I have previously had an ectopic pregnancy) - they told me it was quite common after a stimulated cycle.

Good luck with it all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks so much for your reply, Faith72. What you said makes a lot of sense when you think about all the drugs that we inject into ourselves during a cycle. Between your reply and Olivia01's reply, I'm feeling far more reassured now. Will still be gald to have that blood test on Monday to see what my HCG levels are, but I do feel a bit more relaxed having read what you said. Thanks so much!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I also had the dull ache on one side during the early weeks of pregnancy. I was told by my clinic it was my uterus stretching and could come and go for the first 8 weeks! Good luck xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i can really help you out there and i do not know much about ivf treatments etc but i know its very scarry to have miss carriges,
    i had two before this berth so i was worried myself about loosing this one as i wanted another baby.
    the dr told me when i was going to have another miss carrige, earlier in the pregnecy but i made it threw wooo.

the syptoms they told me to come to hospital with:
    -bleeding
    -vomiting
    -diaria (toilet got the runs)

Tam-I-Am is offline Winner 2009 - Most Helpful Member Award
    Winner 2007 The most helpful moderator/admin award
    2008 AWARD WINNER - The most polite member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could possibly be a corpus luteum cyst on your ovary?

When you ovulate, the corpus luteum is what releases progesterone, to prepare the uterus for pregnancy. If the egg isn't fertilised, the corpus luteum heals pretty quickly, but if you DO fall pregnant, the progesterone of early pregnancy keeps it open. Sometimes a cyst forms at the site of the corpus luteum and they can fill with blood and fluid and be quite painful - I think it's more common for women who are using fertility drugs like clomid...not sure if that's something you're on or not.

Do you have an ultrasound soon? They're usually able to see it on ultrasound, if there is one there.

Hope you're feeling better soon.
    Last edited by Tam-I-Am; 29-08-2009 at 18:23. Reason: Clarifying
    "Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." -Elizabeth Stone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi siansmum

I have been having similar pains over the past 2 days, I am hoping it is just the muscles stretching.

One thought, and sorry if this is TMI, but could it be constipation?? I know that I have noticed my bowel motions to be very irregular over the past week, and it was only today that I got some relief....?
    Me-33DH-37
    Our Furbaby-15mnths old
    4 angels lost

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you suffer much from Endometriosis?

I had the same thing and it was suggested that it could be related to adhesions/uterus stretching as baby grew.