User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Toddler wrist leash/harness

Hi! I was just wondering if anyone out there has used a safety harness/wrist leash on their toddler. Also what do parents think about them? Do you think they are cruel? I was thinking of maybe getting one for my DD. She is forever running away from me in the shops now. She hates sitting in her stroller so I don't use it very often anymore. And where can you get them?

[Mod] RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I used a wrist one for my DD. I told her it was a bangle and I had the matching bangle on. My DD was a runner! She wouldn't hold your hand, wouldn't sit in the pram and just took off every chance she got - so it was the best solution for me.

I got a few comments from people - but same as everything you do, someone is always going to bag you about it.

The one I used came from Big W.
    Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'
    ~ Audrey Hepburn ~

Thanks
    Reviews
    ive never used it, one came with the pram i had. my dd is the same, she would run every where, wouldnt sit in her pram, i couldnt put that around my daughters wrists.
    i just use my mouth tell her not to run off, not to do this, not to do that, stay in the pram, or you wont get this, or we go home, or go and get her from running of and explain shes not to run off . but we all differen, i just couldnt put that around her wrists
    dd-4 , Traci- 26 , dh-27

Thanks
    Reviews
    I dont have one but am definitely going to get one...

DS has only been walking for about 6 weeks but I can already tell he is going to be a runner... I would rather have someone bag me then lose my DS in the shops or anything worse...
    Mum ♥ Dad
    ♥ Jack 18/05/2005 ♥ ♥ Lucy 31/12/2007 ♥
    ♥ Angel Baby 23/01/2007 ♥
    Photo Signature

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you remember how much you paid for yours?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think they're great if you have one of those wondering kids. Sure people will give you a funny look but screw 'em, it's your kid's safety at risk!!

I've seen this cute little monkey back packs and the tail extends.. so the kid wears the back pack and mum holds the tail So cute!
    Nikki ~ Chris
    Space Cadet Cobey C. (18/7/06)

Wiggle Worm Eva D. (28/5/09)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well im all for them & i know many arent but my issue is how quick they can get away & get into trouble.
    Boof has only just learnt to walk so wants to do it as often as possible & its rather hard trying to reason with a 15mth old. He wont hold onto the pram & nor will he listen to when you ask him to stay close by at this age.
    I also like the idea that i no where he is so that no one can take him.
    We used ours on the weekend just passed at the meet & it was great especially being in the city with so many people !
    We have a harness that is a puppy that wraps around him like a little backpack & then the lead bit is its tail tis very cute ! So doesnt look like a lead as such just a cute little toy.
    You can also get a monkey style which we are also going to get.

Now i just wish i had a remote to switch him off when i need a break this is the second time i have written this out as he thinks turning the computer off is hilarious

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't like them at all, but if my DD turns into a bubs that runs everywhere and could possibly get lost then I would have to look into getting one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will most definitely be using the harness (although mine will be a hand me down) when the time comes.... Although Ryan walks everywhere at home he is still happy enough to stay in the pram when we are at the shops.

Personally I would just love someone to come up and make a comment to me about using it.... I would much rather use the harness then have my child run away from me in the shops (or worse the car park!)... In today's society who knows what would happen!

I believe they are available at all good leading baby stores however i have seen affordable priced ones in Big W and Kmart (although I can't remember the prices....)
    Mumma (30) Dadda (33)
    DS1 - April 05 DS2 - May 06

drewid is offline Meet the amazing boy who falls asleep with a sandwich in his mouth!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by allyoo
    We have a harness that is a puppy that wraps around him like a little backpack & then the lead bit is its tail tis very cute ! So doesnt look like a lead as such just a cute little toy.
    We have the same backpack, its SO cute and Andrew just loves dogs, so gets very excited to see it. We are still only using it at home at the moment, when he walks in the unfenced front yard, trying to teach him to stop running for the road! Haven't had need to use it at the shops yet, as I usually just carry him, but I will certainly prefer to have him on a "leash" rather than running away. He is just SO quick and definitely wouldn't come back to me if I just called his name - he's just too curious about the world. Rather be safe than sorry!

DD - 24.8.2011
    DS - 22.2.2005
    LJ 25.3.2008 Ectopic