User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ironing Service...How much to charge?

Hi...thinking of a few different options here...just wondering how much do you charge for ironing and or how much would you be prepared to pay?

I havent rung other companies yet but will do so but just wanted my fellow bubhubbers opinions on how much they would pay or if anyone else does this?

Will also offer a hemming service perhaps? Don't know how much either...but I figure that this would be a nice little bit of extra 'cash' without too many dramas

Cheers

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do ironing and I charge $10/hr.
    Me 29 Hubby 31
    Ratbag DS1 Ratbag DS2

The bun is baking till 18th Feb 07!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Some go by hour, some go by basket loads... I would probably charge per hour and I would be willing to pay up to $15 an hour!

Thanks
    Reviews
    On charging by the basket load, I've found that an average basket will take between 2-3 hours to do, it depends on whats in there, if there are more pants it doesn't tend to take as long but if it's full of shirts it may take even longer. If you charge by the hour then your covered.
    Me 29 Hubby 31
    Ratbag DS1 Ratbag DS2

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you have an ironing press or the plain old iron? Also do people get suss at how long you are taking to do their things if you charge by the hour?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our old neighbour used to charge $20 a basket load.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babytoo
    Do you have an ironing press or the plain old iron? Also do people get suss at how long you are taking to do their things if you charge by the hour?
    I just have an ordinary iron.
    I time myself and charge for what I do. The lady I iron for has actually told me to make sure I charge her properly, as in she thinks I'm under charging her. On more than one occasion she's told me I iron a lot faster than she does.
    I guess people would generally know how long it takes to iron a basket themselves and if it takes a lot longer you'd be asking questions. But I guess I do a good job for a reasonable price cause they keep coming back every week.
    Me 29 Hubby 31
    Ratbag DS1 Ratbag DS2

Thanks
    Reviews
    Personally I wouldn't mind you charging about $20-25 an hour to do my ironing because I hate it and have been looking to get mine done for ages!!

I wouldn't mind being charged per item either. I could give them a list of what I had and they could charge me like $2.50 a shirt, $2.00 per adult piece,$1 per pre teen piece and 50 c to a dollar per children under 5's piece.

I wouldn't mind paying those prices at all, and I'd love the convinience of having it dropped off back to me. LOL where do you live?
    Last edited by natasha; 23-06-2006 at 19:51.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is something I've considered doing as well. We used to have our's done for us (when we had more disposable income!!) and we used to pay $20 a basket.

Sometimes we'd feel like we were trying to put too much into the basket, so we'd split it into 2 and she'd bring it back and say "that'll be $20 - there was only 1 basket full there!"
    My Beautiful Babies
    Claire Fae*Oct 05
    Owen Frederick*Mar 07

"Hey you with the pretty face, welcome to the human race."
    - Mr. Blue Sky; ELO