User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Natural ways to promote period after coming off the pill

Hi,
    am currently CD39 first cycle off the pill, I was certain that I ovulated a week ago but had a bloodtest and not pregnant. Just wondering if anyone has any natural ways to promote AF (the one time in my life I will be happy to see it!) I want AF to come so that I know how long my cycle is and can try again.

Also-has anyone had any good experiences seeing a Natropath to help with becoming regular and TTC?

Let's just say I had a terrible day yesterday, went to the doctor and explained my situation (I had been throwing up since 2am the night before). She felt my tummy and said she's pretty certain I am pregnant and orderd me to have an ultrasound to check preg. not eptopic. I told her I don't even think I am preg yet because I think I o'd late and I haven't had a positive test yet but she told made me have a blood test. I printed off my ff chart but she didn't want to see it was pretty certain of her assumption.

So I went and had a blood test, then went and had an ultrasound (paid $110) knowing full well nothing was going to appear. Got my husband all excited cos why would a doctor not err on the side of caution. Then I threw up whilst paying for the ultrasound!

Waited an hour in the waiting room for my results today to find out the blood test was negative. I am so upset that she lead us down the wrong track and now my husband and I are emotional wrecks (and $110) out of pocket. She said that maybe I didn't ovulate and not to stress about not getting my period, to wait 3 months and then come back if I haven't had a period!

So now I am wondering if there is anything I can do/take to promote my period coming.
    I hope none of you ever have to go through this emotional experience.

I wish she had of said something like "there is a very small chance you may be preg but you may also have a tummy bug'. Then I wouldn't have been so emotional.

She still couldn't tell me what I have- jsut that I have a virus!

if I ovulated a week ago today, would there be any chance that implantation hasn't occurred yet and maybe there is still some chance? Don't know if I can handle checking for the next 3 months everyime I go to the toilet to see if I have had my period. Do you have to have a period to ovulate?

More confused today than I have been! Any thoughts are advice would be greatly appreciated.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes there is a chance that implantation hasn't occurred yet - strange of your dr to send you for an US so soon but anyway.........

You don't need to have a period to ovulate, you need to ovulate in order to have a period. Did you have a period when you stopped taking the pill?
    I'm too sexy for my Ex

Thanks
    Reviews
    My last period was the end of March and i had just stopped taking the pill (the period would have been during the sugar tablets). Been 39 days now since then - so this is first cycle since coming off the pill.

I wish dr hadn't jumped the gun and sent me for ultrasound. The internal part was no party and the man doing the ultrasound questioned why dr told me to come when i hadn't got blood test results. Because this is the 1st time, I just went with what the dr said as I didn't know any different.

Fingers crossed I haven't had implantation yet then! If I have, then hopefully AF turns up next week.

Thanks heaps for your help, so upset with the dr. It's emotional enough without false hopes.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yeah false hopes aren't the best are they? How long were you on the pill for? It can sometimes take time to get out of your system and for your body to get back to it's natural cycle.

I hope everything settles for you really quickly and you get your BFP
    I'm too sexy for my Ex

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks, me too! I was on the pill for about 9 years. The weird thing was I have had lots of early preg symtoms - but then again maybe I was reading too much into it? Hopefully I can get pregnant without getting my period! Just keep an eye on CM. Going to have a month off temping and OPK's as it gets a bit much.
    All the best for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi chloee42,

Were you periods normal when on the pill? Did you get stomach cramps?

It took about 6 weeks for me to have a period when I came of the pill last year but I had surgery two weeks after being of the pill.

The gyno advised that at time of surgery i had not ovulated.

Took the pill continuously for 6 mnths with no periods and have now been directed to get pregnant straight away.

Got my period on 22nd and ovulated this Tuesday..
    I have been using maybe baby a saliva test kit (70) and it predicted ovulation well as i had increased mucous ( which kinda scared me been on the pill for so long).

I know it's silly to hope to get preg in the first months of the pill, but can't afford to take time off with periods so fingers crossed for us all
    A friend recommended Acupuncture said it improves circulation?
    Em

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi emz83,
    yes my periods were like clockwork on the pill and also prior to going on the pill.
    Why did your doctor direct you to get pregnant right away?

I noticed stretchy CM about nine days ago and myonline calender suggests I most likely ovulated 7 days ago today but this was day 32 of my cycle so hopefully I have a long enough luteal phase. If not I just want my period to come so I know that I am regular/ovulated.

I am so desperate to have a baby and everyone around me seems to be getting pregnant and it's hard when you want it so much and they aren't even TTC!

Good luck with you, let me know how you go!
    Thanks for your support.

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI there! If you only ovulated a week ago, you would still be another week away from your period...

Natural things to help regulate your cycle that I have found work for me are Chinese herbs and acupuncture. Sounds wacky - but they really work! I was having a 31-33 day cycle with a 9-11 day luteal phase and after 2 months of acupuncture I am now having a 28 day cycle with ovulation occurring on day 14. Its also great for reducing stress levels and helps to deal with the disappointment of getting your period.

Best of luck, and fingers crossed for you.
    Me 32 DH 34
    DS1 - 29/6/2010
    (18 mths TTC)
    Baby No 2 is on its way!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi chloee42,

If your periods were normal I wouldn't worry to much. But if it's to long just insist on seeing a gyno even just to put your mind at rest. I have always had really bad AF cramps. But then I started having pain all the time. They thought I had appendicitis but it turned out to be severe endo, my tubes should be fine ( hoping nothing built up since the surgery) but they can't remove it all from my bowel & bladder. It was either preg or hysterectomy so that it doesn't build up again. I was sooo reluctant but now that I've stared TTC I want so badly for it to happen as soon as possible. I know this is first month of trying but I've been referred to a ovulation clinic ( all natural just blood test and things I think) will let everyone know after my first visit.

Wishing you the best -

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi chloee42,

I was on the pill for 15 years straight and when I came off it took 6 weeks to get my 1st period post-pill, then it settled into a 32 day cycle.

It's really common for it to take this long to get your 1st period after coming off the pill.

Your periods on the pill should be regular because the pill is regulating everything. Your body needs a chance to get itself sorted out.

It's hard to be patient I know, but now that you have decided to TTC- you are going to need lots of patience...

The hard thing I think is- when you decide to TTC you just want to be pregnant... like yesterday!

Use the time to get fitter, more flexible and used to not drinking much etc etc so that when you get your BFP you are in a great state.

Good Luck!
    Me 37 DH 38
    DD born 5/10/10