User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SPD & Sex

Thanks
    Reviews

Default SPD & Sex

Okay, so I have been thinking about asking this question for a little while but haven't gotten around to it, was interrupted or chickened out with posting.

So for those that suffer SPD how do you go about having sex with your partner? I have enough trouble just walking around most days so sex is the last thing on my mind due to the pain/pressure. Are there any good positions to try? Are you just doing without?
    Bek (29) Aaron (31)
    Joshua (7) Tobias (4)
    Nathaniel
    Birth Story

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG you're game! I can barely walk or drive let alone contemplate intimacy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh hun, I am hearing you.. I am suffering dreadfully, everything is a mission. I can't imagine having sex...when just putting my undies back on would cause me agony.
    Kylie 31
    Chad 31

Talan (8/2/08)
    Baby Boy Due 20th April 2009

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have this too and some days sex will leave me crippled for a few hours.... we still persevere though and sometimes we have to resort to DIY. I can give you some idea of positions we've found that are easier/less painful than others, but I'm wary of putting it up on the main forum because of the TMI factor (adult topic).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I know! I was just looking at myself getting dressed the other day (you know the undies in one hand trying to lift my leg a few cms off the floor) and I just couldn't help seeing my grandmother!!!! Then I was woddling out of my bedroom and said to DH. He just couldn't help but laugh. It is so tragic. Honestly, that is what I am looking forward to the most when bubs is out, being able to move again!! Well besides bubs obviously!
    Bek (29) Aaron (31)
    Joshua (7) Tobias (4)
    Nathaniel
    Birth Story

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hun, did you suffer with all your pregnancies? This is my 2nd and I had it last time around too. At least after he was born, as soon as the spinal wore off, I had no spd pain. It was like a miracle.

x
    Kylie 31
    Chad 31

Talan (8/2/08)
    Baby Boy Due 20th April 2009

Thanks
    Reviews
    That would be great, Nonny. You can just PM if you like.
    Bek (29) Aaron (31)
    Joshua (7) Tobias (4)
    Nathaniel
    Birth Story

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't got SPD as such but do have the bad pain in my pelvis - the whole struggle to put my undies on too or when changing sides in bed kills me and i also was devastated that i though i couldn't have sex anymore. i know its tmi but hey thats what us women do well and thats talk about this stuff so i'll tell you what position worked for me. Man lays on his back and woman facing the other way but not really on top - the way i comfortably got in that position was to basically get on all fours and have his legs go over your legs so that you don't have to try to straddle and sort of back up onto him iykwim that way you can also comfortably have your legs together or apart aswell.

oh dear

Thanks
    Reviews
    Actually this is the first time I have had it which I find so much more frustrating! With DS2 I was jumping around leading a preschool music program well past 30 wks but this time around I has getting pelvic pain starting from 6 wks and it just got worse from there. Obviously good and bad days. DS2 finds it hard as he just wants to play and I keep having to tell him that when baby comes out mummy can play rough and mummy can jump on the trampoline. Poor little man!
    Bek (29) Aaron (31)
    Joshua (7) Tobias (4)
    Nathaniel
    Birth Story

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Student of Life View Post
    That would be great, Nonny. You can just PM if you like.

PM sent. Good luck!