User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default is it men vs women or somethimg else

so why are womans top half considered sexual and there for we cant walk around topless or even sunbath like that because its considered nudity

and another question

would u sunbath or have you sunbathed topless?(if ur a woman)
    My son = 3.10 PDD NOS and GDD Diagnosed June 1st 2010
    My daughter = 2.4 Still breastfeeding
    My husband = turning 26 Keeping me sane
    Me = 25 this year

Starting each day fresh

Thanks
    Reviews
    When i was younger and my boobs where perky and my stomach was flat and smooth - yeah i would sun bake topless.(depending where i was)
    Wouldn't dream of it now.

How's the serenity?

RoarsomeMum is offline Right to speak, responsibility to listen..
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MothersMilk View Post
    When i was younger and my boobs where perky and my stomach was flat and smooth - yeah i would sun bake topless.(depending where i was)
    Wouldn't dream of it now.
    Schoolies week was one thing, now, no way.

as for the Men V's woman thing.. Social conditioning. we are taught to cover our chests even Before breasts.. I remember back in primary school (B4 the days of slip slop slap) luch play the boys could take off their shirts, I was sent to the principal and my parents called because I did.. ( i was 5 for christ's sake!!!!!!!!!!)

Sometimes people look into the sun and see nothing but the eternal dark
    Instead of attacking them, why not share some of your sun?

Be KIND today and everyday.

RoarsomeMum is offline Right to speak, responsibility to listen..
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    Its interesting to note most little boys will get get an erection when being breastfed even newborns
    Isn't that hormonal.. little boy's often get erections in the bath (even newborns) those things are mega unpredictable.. I'm glad DD has not got one (god I must be tired.. that sounds all wrong)

Sometimes people look into the sun and see nothing but the eternal dark
    Instead of attacking them, why not share some of your sun?

Be KIND today and everyday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    LOL I used to live in Europe so yes I did! If you are planning to you should always use factor 30 on them and invisible zinc on your nipples lol.

Anyway I never would here before or after children because Australia seems to be a bit more prudish about that sort of thing, must be all the catholics!

Thanks
    Reviews
    This site is all about breast and taboos etc

http://www.007b.com/breast_taboo.php

I love this quote from the site

"Well, we do have a peculiar obsession with breasts in this culture. A lot of people think it's just the human nature to be fascinated with breasts but in many cultures, breasts aren't sexual at all. I interviewed a young anthropologist working with women in Mali, in a country in Africa where women go around with bare breasts. They're always feeding their babies. And when she told them that in our culture men are fascinated with breasts there was an instant of shock. The women burst out laughing. They laughed so hard, they fell on the floor. They said, "You mean, men act like babies?"

In the past I have visited nudist areas and sunbaked topless. These days my nudity is prob confined to my own home and I hope in this way my children come to see breasts as just another body part without the sexual connatations as prtrayed in media.
    Last edited by PunkyDiva; 30-12-2008 at 08:53.
    It is time for women to take back their births and give themselves and their babies the best chance at a miraculous start. Birth, or its effects—both good and bad—last a lifetime.
    Real woman, Real choice, Real births

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PunkyDiva View Post
    This site is all about breast and taboos etc

http://www.007b.com/breast_taboo.php

I love this quote from the site

"Well, we do have a peculiar obsession with breasts in this culture. A lot of people think it's just the human nature to be fascinated with breasts but in many cultures, breasts aren't sexual at all. I interviewed a young anthropologist working with women in Mali, in a country in Africa where women go around with bare breasts. They're always feeding their babies. And when she told them that in our culture men are fascinated with breasts there was an instant of shock. The women burst out laughing. They laughed so hard, they fell on the floor. They said, "You mean, men act like babies?"
    Love it

How's the serenity?

Thanks
    Reviews
    i think breasts are linked with breeding and feeding, even for those that have not breast fed themselves!

I think the sight, word or thought of boobs sends a subconcious msg to the brain, reminds us of breeding on some deeper level, and for most minds in this day and age, that just jumps to an instant thought about sex.

I have not sunbaked topless, and wouldnt in public. I do however walk around naked half the time (at home)- i think both and my DP have stopped seeing it as a sexual thing, and just as a natural and comfortable thing.
    I can do this because i trust him to not look at me sexually just because i'm exposed, where as lots of other men wouldnt be that mature.

I think its funny tho - i'm more likely to get bad comments from woman and girls my age or younger; then men when i do walk around in something skimpy - men dont seem to be bothered at all, where as the women will look at me like i'm a ***** - i'm sorry, you try having big boobs and small everything else, and try finding nice tops that fit your boobs in and dont hang like a tent
    *building a soccer player for feb 09 - my insides are black and blue - blue for the boy, black from his booting!*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha, love that quote. It makes sense though.

When I was in europe I didn't sunbake topless but I did learn to get used to going into a unisex sauna in the buff. They don't care like we seem to. I don't get it, the human body is a natural thing.
    DFME DS1 DD May 09 DS2 Jan 2011
    Our little family of FIVE!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think the appeal is with the forbidden, hidden nature of breasts in our society. When women used to always cover their knees, the sight of a bare knee was enough to send men all a-shiver, now as women wear more revealing tops in our society, its actually become that it's ok to show most of the breast, as long as there's no hint of nipple!

I dont think it's a biological thing, because there are plenty of tribal groups where women go around topless and you dont see the teenage boys tittering watching the women go by. It's lovely in those societies too because it's just seem as completely natural when boobs go all saggy!

I too remember being very upset when I got to an age I was told to cover up. As a small child my brother and I would both run around topless in summer, then one year my mum told me it was nolonger appropriate for me. I used to always get so jealous of him in summer running around topless while I sweltered.

The age to cover up seems to be becoming younger and younger though - when I was a kid it was quite common for young girls to just swim in briefs, whereas now even baby girls are rarely topless, even when swimming (yes I know its also an increased awareness of sun safety).

Some families I know dont even really like boys being topless either. Whenever it's hot I encourage my boys to strip off their shirt and be more comfortable, but I've actually never seen my nephew without a top on unless swimming or bathing and his father doesnt take his top off in summer either.
    Me, DH, DS1 (April '06), DS2 (Feb '08), DS3 born sleeping (20/5/10 at 23wks) and DS4 (Oct '11, 33wks and 1205gms)

- forever grateful for my beautiful family
    - forever missing our little boy