User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Single or King single bed???

Okay i am buying my son a bedroom setting there is only twenty dollars difference between the king single bed or the single bed.

My son is almost 7 at the moment he has a single bed and his room is extremely small so space is an issue. I have a foam mattress on his single bed at the moment and i do not own a king single mattress.

Due to other commitments i will not be able to afford to buy him a new mattress to go with the new bedroom setting straight away.

My sister said i can borrow her king single mattress but she is unreliable and could turn around in a weeks time and need it back.

My daughter who is almost 8 has a brand new single mattress (already has a new bedroom setting) has a second hand bed (which i done up and looks beautiful).

Originally i went in to get a quote for a new set of draws and bedside table for him (as the ones i have for him are from kmart and not the best ie falling apart) and my sister was going to give me the king single bed she has (but as i said she is unreliable) when i came across this bedroom setting at a really good price.

Hence my dilema, do i pay twenty dollars more and get the king single (then hopefully wont have to bother replacing the bed for a long time) or do i just get the single bed (as my daughter now wants a new bed king single of course if i get the king single bed for my son).....

sorry its so long anyhow i usually dont have a problem like this

What bed do your kids have a single or king single?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Unless he's likely to be tall, I wouldn't go a king-single.

There might only be $20 diference but then you have to go out and find, then pay the more money for, king-single bedding... it can be a pain.
    Nikki ~ Chris
    Space Cadet Cobey C. (18/7/06)

Wiggle Worm Eva D. (28/5/09)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks seekrit,

My son is going to be tall my daughter is very tall for her age and my son seems to be following in her height.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If your Ds is going to be tall and you wont be buying another bed when he hits his teens I would get the King.
    My DS is 13 and almost as tall as me ( 6 foot).
    He is in a double bed now.
    Living - Loving - Learning

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jakois,

gosh he is tall.

I am hoping not to buy another bed for a very very long time (i dont mind replacing the mattress as i know thats important).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know this is a stupid question but anyhow this is my day for them....

All my sons bed linning is single bed.

Are there many designs in kids bedding for king single beds???

I dont remember seeing any anywhere (but then again i was only looking at the time for single bedding and cannot remember either way).

subaruforestermum is offline Love me or hate me...that's your problem only....
    Vote for veve! Cheekiest Mod!
    Where everyone is unique, just like everyone else....
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Personally pay the bit extra and get the King single, as he can use it up until he buys his own bed really....

A single matress can be on the bed for a while, there will just be some gaps due to the size difference, but wont be a huge deal for a while...

In regards to linen, I have seen a fair bit of King Single stuff for kids, the usually come in single, king single and sometimes double for kid related stuff...
    ~Please don't hate me because of my superior intellect and my sarcastic attitude.~
    Mr 4 & Little Miss Noisy

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son is likely to be very tall (he is only 2 but the height of most 3 year olds and his father and grandfathers were all over 6 foot) so I considered getting a king single.
    My husband had one and enjoyed the extra room but in the end I decided not to because it was just going to be harder to get linen. I also wounldn't do it in your case if space is a concern and you'll also have to replace your daughter's bed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks subaruforestermum and sansha and everyone else.

I am going to go for the King Single bed.

I have told my daughter that I will get her a new king single bed next year (tax/bonus time). I will also buy my son a new king single mattress then as well.

I am going to give her new mattress to mum and probably have a garage sale then to sell her bed and my sons current bed (as i love his bed it is so unique unfortunately he no longer does ).

I will use my sisters king single mattress in the mean time and if she needs it back i will just pop his old single bed mattress in like subaruforestermum suggested, until tax/bonus time.

Now i have to do the linen hunting around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We recently went shopping for a single bed for my two year old. When we found the bed we liked, the sales guy told us the exact same bed in the 'King' single size was the same amount of $$$ as the single size, so we decided to go with the king single.

We're figuring we won't have to replace it for many years, and it's such a classic colour and style that it won't date, and if she ever has her cousins/friends sleep over etc, they can top and tail in the bed while they're little.

I've had no problem finding king single sheets etc, and most sales assistants have said that people put double sheets on them.

x