User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Smile Contiki or similar tour for 30-something!

I'm starting a holiday fund to go on a trip to New Zealand - at this rate, it will take me 3 years to save enough money!!

Has anybody done a Contiki tour? I'm nearly 35 so I'm a bit concerned that I'd be the old lady on the tour, surrounded by 18 year olds. Of course I want to have fun but I don't want to feel out of place. Has anybody done one of these tours? Is there a mix of ages?

Is there a similar company for 30 somethings?
    Me (35) DD (2 - a big girl now!)

Life may not always be the party we hoped for but since we are here, we might as well dance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

There's AAT Kings, they do organize tours for the "older" generations and then there's also Infinity travel (or something like that), Globus and Trafalgar.

Contiki offers Tours for the 18-35 year olds, maybe just ask, when you considering to book, if there are others in your age group?

What I strongly recommend, go to a travel agency and ask for brochures about tours to NZ. They can give you the best advice.

Good luck!
    The devil - 04.08.04

The mini Tornado - 16.11.06

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did a Europe contiki... being 26 i was the second oldest on teh bus... the oldest was 29.
    As much as it is still a tour, its more so a drinking/partying and shagging bus.
    Contiki is renowned for it.... I was quite surprised to say the least.
    I was a champion drinker, so i didnt mind in the least... but as for civilised older mentality.. with contiki its generally out the window!

I'd probably see if there is a busabout (generally quite good) or go for a AAT tour... although i think AAT tour is mostly older people and couples...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmmm... I'm not an old prude and I like to drink and have fun, but I think I'm a bit past the drinking/shagging bus tour phase!!

The travel agent suggested Intrepid - it's an adventure tour company so the people on the bus are also active (not 80 years old!! ) but perhaps it's not as much of a party bus...

It's a lot more expensive though - so I'll have to see how the finances go.

Life may not always be the party we hoped for but since we are here, we might as well dance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We stayed in a Contiki resort in Mykonos on our last few days touring Europe, I would not recommend touring with them, staying in their resort was bad enough. Lucky we toured Europe with Trafalgar for 6 weeks and we thought the Contiki resort in Mykonos would be a nice and relaxing and fun end to our tour but it wasn't, it was full of young and loud tourists.
    I've had nothing but good experience with Trafalgar and I know a few people who have toured with them were also very happy with their professionalism and service.
    ME + DH = beautiful babes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmmm that's what I was worried about.

I'm looking for a tourgroup that is out to have a good time, have a few drinks etc. without going overboard. They really need to start a tour for 30-somethings!! Thanks for the tip on Trafalgar - I'll have a look at that one too.