User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Side Effects from 12 month immunisations

Hi All, Just wondering if anyone else had problems/side effects with the 12 month immunisations? My son has fever etc and has now caught dh's cold as well as teething.

We have one unhappy chappy.

Kamoo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its not unusual for children to have a slight fever and cold symptoms after vax. my GP recommended that I used infant paractemol to bring the fever down then she'd be ok.

she was and is now a very healthy 6 year old. No regrets.

Thanks
    Reviews
    my DS is getting his 12 month ones this friday fingers crossed he doesnt have a reaction to something he eats before then thats why it keeps being put off . at past immunisation my DS was really sleepy and had a slight fever. i will let you all know how he goes
    DS#1 2005
    DS#2 2006
    DS#3 2008

Thanks
    Reviews
    You should have been advised about any side effects or the likes when taking bubs to get them done ! Shame on your doctor or clinic !
    AS Caroline has said a lot of bubbas get mild cold/flu like symptoms after their vax its often just the immune system kicking in but keep an eye on it & if your not happy with how bubs is acting etc then straight to the doctor or hospital.
    After the 12mth immunisations because bubs is getting the MMR ( Measles, Mumps & Rubella ) bubs may just again get cold/flu like symptoms, swelling of the glans due to the mumps or a rash after 7-10 days from the measles or rubella they are not infectious during this as again its just bubs immune system working.
    Try to keep bubs happy with some panadol or neurofen as needed.
    If the wound site gets warm use a cold facewasher to soothe it if it looks infected at any stage seek medical advice.
    The best thing you can do is try to keep bubs as happy as possible as lots of cuddles may be needed due to grumpiness & also a little more sleep may be needed during this period.
    My little boof got his done a week ago & he is lapping up the attention lol especially as he is very sore & bruised the poor nurse got blood vessels with all three vax's lol. Dp & boof both now have colds so sit & whinge at me together its fun isnt it !
    He has been a lot more restless of a nite which means more cuddles but if it gets too bad a dose of neurofen seems to calm him down & he sleeps better.
    It will settle down soon enough try to grin & bare it for now