User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Exclamation Perigestational Haematoma??? Help please...

I just got home from my first ultrasound with this pregnancy. When I read the report it states..

"....A normal yolk sac is seen. There are multiple small cystic areas surrounding the sac which likely represents a perigestational haematoma."

What the....??

I rang my GP to get an appt but i cant get in until tomorrow. I am terrified to know what this is. Is this the same as a subchorionic haematoma?? What is the likely outcome? Is my bub in danger?
    I have had no bleeding during htis pregnancy at all, but am starting to think will i expect it.

I hope someone out there has experienced the same...

Thanks all
    Me 28 DH 34
    DS 6 yrs
    DD born sleeping Jul 08
    DD m/c 8 wks Nov 08

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey sweet, no wonder your worried.

If this is your first ultrasound, you should be over the danger period anyway, but if your concerned go to the hospital. I had a gush of blood when i was 14 weeks and rushed into hospital to be told it was normal, but the nurses were great and the OB at the hospital explained everything to me and here I am waiting for bubby to arrive in the next couple of weeks.
    Me:24 Him:36
    LJ:6 KB:3

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks for replying mumof4under5yrs...

I am only 7 weeks 2 days by my dates as i know when i Ovulated. But they measured bub at only 5 weeks 5 days. I am so so so scared something will happen to this bub. I lost my last, she was stillborn at 22 weeks due to something else thats unrelated to this one.
    They found a HB of 109? does this seem low for 7 weeks, although they are measuring bub at nearly 6 weeks. I havent been bleeding yet but im terrified to think i may and might loose this bub.
    Me 28 DH 34
    DS 6 yrs
    DD born sleeping Jul 08
    DD m/c 8 wks Nov 08

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is the same as a sub chorionic haematoma. Basically it's just a small blood clot/bleeding usually left over from implantation and is VERY common.

You may have some slight bleeding over the next few weeks which could/would be this blood making it's way out so please dont freak out if you should see some slight bleeding but if it's heavy or fresh blood you might want to mention it and get checked.

MyFourCubs is offline MyThreeCubs plus one- I am the luckiest Mum in the world...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a subchorionic haematoma with my 2nd dd... it resolved itself my ob was not worried about it whatsoever... I had bleeding up until about 12 weeks.
    have my fingers for you that all goes fine but the haematoma is nothing at all to worry about.
    Claudia
    Alex's story- My ASD Boy
    Hannah's story- MY IUGR Bub
    Oliver's story- My perfect little heart baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey, I am 8wks 5days, I just had a massive bright red bleed out on Sunday night, I freaked and went to the ED. My hgc levels had dropped a little and I had really bad period pain, because of the time I went in I had to wait for the next day to have an ultrasound, I was expecting to have miscarried, but bubs is perfectly fine, I have a hematoma that is 4.2 x 5.5 x 2.8cm equal 33ml. Which is a shot glass. My gp has seen many of these, and is not stressed, need to have another scan in 2-3wks, to see if its gone down, but I have been put on light duties, not allowed to lift more then 2kg, and to strain on my tummy, no sex or sexual activities, and no hot food, and plenty of water, my suggestions is put ur feet up and watch a movie or two, oh and no hot baths or showers and no baths incase water gets in and causes an infection or irration. I know where ur head is at, at the moment mine is still there until my next scan, but there is nothing u can do or anything the docs can do bar u trying to take it easy which will help but its not the treatment. Good luck.