User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Unhappy My dog has a sore leg

I noticed today that my dog bruttus has a sore leg im pretty sure its the top of his leg he can walk on it but with a limp its not broken i dont think. at the moment he is lying on the lounge sleeping he is an outside dog. what i wanted to know is i cant get him to a vet till tomorrow or wednesday the latest what can i do to help him with the pain
    Me- 33 DH- 39,
    DD1-16 DS-15 DD2-7

"Im Sexy and I know it"

Thanks
    Reviews
    If he is in pain then you really need to get him to the vet ASAP.

there are pet taxis ..

My dog was limping and I took him down and it was a paralysis tic that could have killed him if left.
    I think of my dog like my kids...if he is in pain he needs a doctor ..I would not leave a human in pain.

Whippet is offline Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Poor boy...

I'd take it a day at a time before you rush into making a vet appointment. Unless you suspect a broken bone (which I don't think you do) and unless there's blood or ooze.

My pup hurts his leg the other day and I freaked. The next day he was still limping a little but it seemed better. The next day he was fine.

I guess in that way they're like us. We might stub a toe or pull a muscle but we're not going to rush off to the doc everytime that happens. It may be something that'll heal itself, but keep an out on him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fishface- the whole reason not been able to take him to the vet is i have no money.

Whippet - every now and then he does do this so maybe he has just hurt himself in away of stubing or pulling a muscle, and it is always better in a day or 2.
    Me- 33 DH- 39,
    DD1-16 DS-15 DD2-7

"Im Sexy and I know it"

Thanks
    Reviews
    My idiot dog hurt his leg trying to jump the fence. I just did what I would do for myself. I manipulated the leg to check how much it hurt (not much) and I applied a cold pack, and waited to see if he got better before rushing to the vet (which was my first reaction) I figured, I wouldn't rush myself to the doctor for a sprained ankle.

Maybe your dog has been trying to jump the fence.
    Seamstress; Costumierre; Children's Entertainer; Face Painter...I have two girls aged 12 and 10; I have been married 12 years

Thanks
    Reviews
    How is he today?

Thanks
    Reviews
    firstly are you in an area with apral;ysis tick and if so is he treated for it, if not i would get him to a vet to be on the safe side, if this is not an issue, he amy ahve pulled a muscle or done a cruciate ligament is very hard to say, i would keep him quite and keep a close eye out for swelling, increase in pain, limp getting worse if there is no improvement in a few day sI would get him to the vet, it is vary ahrd to compare how you would treat yourself to an animal, we can speak, we dont try to mask our pain generally, a dog will make an effort to mask pain it is an insticnt so if he is limping he is ni apin does'nt necessarily mean he has done anything serious but he cant tell you what he has done to himslef, good luck i hope he improves
    Kelly
    ME 36
    TYLA ANN RENTON BORN 5TH JANUARY 2006
    Welcome to the family Candy, our eclectus parrot
    BORN 6TH JUNE 2009

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't want to scare you by any means but I wanted to share our story.... Our male alaskan malamute started limping on his back leg one day. We thought he had pulled a muscle or something so we got some anti-inflammatories from the vet. When these made no difference after 3 days & he was actually starting to show physical signs of pain, we agreed to let the vet do an xray. Sadly it turned out he had advanced bone cancer

Will your vets let you pay off the visit? It would be such a shame to put it off and find out it's something serious that can't wait
    Me 33, DH 36

DD 6y, DS 3y, DS 1y

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, thanks for all your replys, he isnt getting better but not getting worse either, but i will be taken him to the vets tomorrow just to make sure.

hehe he cant jump our fence its 6foot all the way around, but however he does try to pull the pailings of and trys to squeeze his big butt threw so im thinking that maybe he tried that but taking him to be on the safe side
    Me- 33 DH- 39,
    DD1-16 DS-15 DD2-7

"Im Sexy and I know it"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to say i hope that your doggy is okay when you take him to the vet..
    Me 23 Him 26
    DS 2 DD 1

Rest In Peace BillieJo