User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Custom Made cot Mattresses?

Hi everyone,

New to the forum, and loving it so far.

Just wandering if anyone knows of any companies that custom make cot mattresses, specifically to the size 52x114cm.
    My dad still has the cot he and I were brought up in, and it seems a waste to spend over $300 for a new cot, when there's already a perfectly good one in the family.
    Obviously want one that is made of proper materials (would like to avoid foam one if possible - otherwise we'll just buy a new cot.

Thanks for your help,

Alexi

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry not sure about the cot mattress I just wanted to welcome you to bub hub!!
    Krissy 23 Karl 27=
    Princess Summer Leigh 02.04.05
    Princess Taliyah Jade 02.11.06
    Brooklyn Candido 01.12.09

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't come across this in particular but check out whether you have a "Makin' Mattresses" store near you - they are a chain and do claim to make their own so could be the people for you!

[Mod] veve is offline Assistant Forum Manager :)
    Winner 2007 - best signature
    Winner 2008/2009/ 2010- naughtiest mod

RG always has to save my butt <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    hmmm depends on what kind of mattress you are after.. I have heard that clark rubber will cut the mattress foam to any size you want... but then of course you have to cover it yourself...
    Jenny - Forum Manager
    DHJamie DS Jack and DS Alex and Dudley

mwahahahahahahaha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome to bubhub Alexi!
    I was going to say Clark Rubber too. They are the only ones I know of that cut to fit.
    Becca & Mark
    Brianna Jade (5.5!)
    Lachlan Joseph (4!)
    Chloe Ava-Jane (1!)

M O P is offline the best kind of prize is a surprise
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi and welcome to Bubhub!
    We're in exactly the same situation as you. We're going to use the meat safe cot my husband and the rest of his family used. It's 120 X 58 cm. Mind you since we've bought new fly screen, timber bits, undercoat and paint it's cost us over $200!
    We had a chat to a lady in a store that sells cots and, I know you said you didn't want foam, she said they are fine. She said the only reason so many cots these days have inner spring mattresses is because they convert in to toddler beds so they are needed for longer. She said if a piece of foam is fine for the weight of a baby.
    Kazza Angus
    Hugh Pearl
    EDD 29.10.10

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone, I'll investigate all those options and let you know who I end up going with.
    Any more ideas, keep 'em coming!

Alexi

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

I needed a custom made bassinet mattress for my little one. I just went to a baby shop here in Brisbane and asked them if it was possible. They got one made for me and it was by a well known brand. Best of all it only took 5 days and was very reasonably priced.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Roseythorn,
    Do you mind letting me know how much the mattress was, and the name of the shop? I live in Sydney but I could ask them if they know of anyone who does it here.
    Alexandra

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there,

I would not recommend a foam mattress for babies, even if they are only tiny in weight.

There is a mattress called an Ez-Breeze fibre which is a low allergenic material which allows air to circulate throughout. Also unlike foam it won't absorb any moisture (wee, sweat,vomit, milk etc) therefore it will assist in keeping out dustmites, mould and mildew. Foam does not have quite the same air circulation so it can also get quite hot, which is not a good thing. I know myself I would not like to sleep on foam

Any good baby store near where you live, should be able to get one custom made for you. There is a company in Qld, www.babyhood.com.au
    which gets them cut to the right size you need (the covers are then custom made too). You made need to order it through one of their store retailers though.

For a special size mattress, expect to pay between $80-95.

Hope that helps.