User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Why do I want to get married so bad?

I don't know what has come over me but over the past few weeks I really want to get engaged.
    Our relationship has been going great for a while now and I just can't stop thinking about it. I have been saying it to him aswell which I know is pushing him further away from it.
    He says we're only young bla bla but I think if we are old enough to have a child we are old enough to get married.
    I think he is worried what people will think, because we have only been together for 2 years.
    I know I need to shut upabout it but I can't get it off my mind!!

subaruforestermum is offline Love me or hate me...that's your problem only....
    Vote for veve! Cheekiest Mod!
    Where everyone is unique, just like everyone else....
    Thanks
    Reviews
    A friend of mine had been with her man for only 2 years and got married, and have now been together for 4 years..maybe 5 I think..

DF and I have been together 7-8 years (lol so bad I cant remember), and we only got engaged last year! Bought a House this year....

So either way, it doesnt make any difference as to how long you are together for, as long as you are happy and stable...

For me getting engaged was a sign of his utter commitment...and that is what it sybolised...

Men are strange though..if he doesnt feel its the right time for him, you have to respect that. And back off a bit....

Dont let your want to get engaged push you apart, and come in between the relationship. Take things as they come, and he is right, you are only young, there is no need to rush into these things, unless you are both ready and eager to do so. It is only a piece of paper.

Living defacto you have all the legal rights as married couples anyway....
    ~Please don't hate me because of my superior intellect and my sarcastic attitude.~
    Mr 4 & Little Miss Noisy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I guess your right, I think I want it because it would just prove to me how much he loves me but I really don't need a piece of paper to show me that.
    I know I definately need to back off, it's just always on my mind for some reason!!
    I need to get it off my mind and just go with the flow i think!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I personally, hate the idea of marriage, and simply cannot be bothered with it. It doesnt mean i dont love my dp, thats just the way Ive always been even before I met him or anyone.

You dont need to be married to be a happy loving couple. Or a peice of paper to state that. Just relax and go with the flow If I liked the idea of marriage and planned to get married one day, I imagine I wouldnt get married because I felt like I 'had' to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I fell pregnant with DD1 after 2 months of knowing my now DH, I was worried about what people would think, kind of thought people maybe thinking he is only with me cause I was pregnant.

So I never pushed the issue, and he proposed when DD1 was almost 5months, and we got married a month after she was one.

this september we have been married for 3 years, and now have 2 girls and another on the way,

In the long scheme of things, looking back, Im pleased I didnt rush things, as it is much nicer to look back and see it the way it happened, and also, I enjoyed all of it.

My friend use to bug her now DH, to become engaed, and it caused arguements and she admits now it was stressful.

Just enjoy yourself for now, he will do it when he thinks he can suprise you and thinks you have forgoten about it, IMO.
    MR and MRS
    our 3 beautiful girls

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have backed off a bit now and there is alot less tension. I know that he won't love me more if we are engaged/married and it isn't going to fix anything.
    I honestly don't think we are ready anyway, I think it's just the thought of it is nice.
    I wouldn't want him to just ask me because it's what I want.
    Thanks for your support girls, it helps to hear other people's experiences and point of views!