User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default working out the formula for CCB

what is the formula to work out what a parent will pay?
    this is for family day care.

and what do you all think is a good hourly rate for family day care, if the carer is qualified with a diploma and has 10yrs experience?
    DP 40 and Me 32
    DD 1.2.07
    DS 3.5.08
    DS 3.7.09 16 weeks fetus too beautiful for earth
    DD 8.7.10

Thanks
    Reviews
    my FDC carer charges about $4 an hour for booked care, minimum 8 hrs (but you can use less than 8 hours care) and I think its $4.50 an hour for casual care and other rates for different situations like weekends and so on. She's been doing for about 10 years or more. Your local FDC office would be able to help you out, you'll have to register with them anyway.

The formula based on the parents CCB is complicated, the office usually works it out. I know on the family assistance website they have an estimate calculator which can help. http://www.familyassist.gov.au/Inter...nline_services

It won't tell you what your end fee will be but gives you an idea what your percentage is.

My percentage is 44% and based on $4 an hour for 9 hours a day I pay about $22 a day.
    Last edited by lizzymcfizzy; 18-08-2008 at 14:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've finally sort of got my head around it all! We pay $5 an hour for FDC, and our carer has no qualifications as such (is part way through Cert 3)...of that the gov rebate (at 100%) is $3.73 an hr (I think...close to that anyway) - so whatever % you are entitled to is related to that amount. Any $'s charged above that figure are payable by the family...

I was always confused too because we were paying more than whatever % I thought, but it doesn't link to the amount charged, just the gov payed part (hope that makes sense)