• Other (explain)

5 4.55%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 16th Sex

Thanks
    Reviews

Arrow 16th Sex

Do you think the legal age of 16 for teenagers to have sex is still too young?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think no matter what the 'legal' age is, teenagers are still going to have sex if they want to. I started having sex at 15, before the legal age and I think now wow that was young. I would much rather see it be 18, when you become an adult as I wouldn't want my 16 year old daughters having sex.
    Krissy 23 Karl 27=
    Princess Summer Leigh 02.04.05
    Princess Taliyah Jade 02.11.06
    Brooklyn Candido 01.12.09

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think the issue is with the age of consent, I think it's with the level of sex education we get.

Look at the kids in where is it, the Netherlands or something, they can have sex at 12 and yet they have the lowest level of teen pregnancy and STD's!!! And they get great sex ed.

Honestly, if you don't have the sex ed then you're gonna trip up, we got terrible sex ed if any and my Mum was a total prude who wouldn't tell me anything, I only recently found out we have 3 holes down there! I asked a friend if I peed after having sex would it flush the sperm out, I thought it was all the same hole. How embarrassing is that!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I too don't think it has anything to do with the age it's legal to do so... kids are going to do what they want to do when they want to.... and the more we harp on to them not to... the more they will want to defy.

I was over 18 when I lost my "V plates" and I'm glad I waited that long... and hope if I have a daughter she waits that long too.... but in the end they do what they want to do... you can only hope they are well educated on the situation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think it is a hard one because some 16 year olds are mature enough but most of them aren't.

What scares me is that a lot of girls are doing it not for themselves but because of peer pressure or to impress the boys. Don't get me wrong, I know that there are a few girls out there that are not doing it for those reasons but I don't think that there is that many of them.

If it was my daughter I would hope that she waited until she was at least 18.
    DS1 DS2DD1

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it has absolutely nothing to do with consentual age. That doesn't stop teenagers. Well it didnt stop me.....I was only just 14!
    I agree with Mamalicious....better sex ed would definately help. I remember the very minimal sex ed we had at school involved the proper names for the anatomy and learning where the uterus and cervix were! lol. There was hardly anything about STD's, birth control, safe sex, protection, etc. I think if sex ed was more "open" then there wouldnt be such an issue.
    Mummy Daddy
    DS1 (4.5yrs) DS2 (2.5years)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No I think 16 is fine. Most the kids I knew were having sex around that age. I was 15 and had been with my boyfriend for a long time. We were in a serious relationship, it wasnt just a one nighter...

I think maturatity has a lot to do with when your ready but for some people that is younger than 16 and some older. Plus I think if a teenager wants to do it then the age of consent is not going to matter to them, they will do it anyway.
    Me & DH
    Our gorgeous boys:
    DS#1- 2005 (9lb 4oz)
    DS#2- 2007 (5lb 1oz)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I do think better education is needed, relationship advice, not just telling the names and what they do, but of potential dangers, the pleasures, the emotional side too.

I still remember one thing that stuck in my mind from my early childhood studies teacher, she said "remember what goes up, must come down" Actually we learnt more about sex and that in early childhood studies than in health classes or whatever they were that told you a bit about sex, and showed a film, and that was about that!

better education, and starting from year 5!

my 4 year old DD knows about sex (thanks to older brothers mind you) the 7 year old twins know it all, they came to me and said, I know that daddy put his penis in you and made a baby together, but I know you arent allowed to do that till you are 25 LOL and you cant kiss a girl till you are 21.

The stuff I hear them talking about leaves my jaw on the ground!! I think they need to be taught the right values from a younger age, and think they would listen to a teacher a bit better than their parents, its just icky coming from your parents LOL

16 does seem young, but when you are that young, it doesnt! As long as they can handle it emotionally and physically, I dont see too much problem, and they need to know what can go wrong, and not be forced into something they dont really want to do.

I am thankful that my 16 y/o DS isnt interested in all that just yet, he thinks most the girls his age are way to immature and silly at the moment.

Mum with 6 kids, 5 boys, one girl
    22, 18, 16, 13, 13, 10

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nothing wrong with 16. I was 16 when I first started (and when I fell pregnant).

I think the most important thing is to teach young adults that sex is a special thing and not to do it with any bob joe and mary, and to save yourself for that someone special. JMO.

But 16 being the legal age limit is completely fine in my eyes. As if people aren't breaking it anyway. I had friend in primary school doing it at 12!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't vote.

Some are ready before that, some do it before that just because they can.

I had my first child at 16 and was ready to be a mother (despite what many bossy people have to say).

Most of them are having sex younger than 16 as it is so to move the sex limit higher would be to 'forbidden fruit' it and I think it would be a more desirable thing to do than it is now.