User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Woolworths nightshift

I seen a few positions going at woolies for night fill assistants.
    Does anyone on here do this?
    I have a 4 year old and 2 year old twins and working day and paying childcare doesnt leave me that better off!!
    I am trying to start my own personal training business, but i need some secure income in the mean time!! So broke!
    Can anyone give me an idea on the hours and the pay??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just bumping this thread as I am also interested in night fill work. Anyone??
    ME+DH +DD1 +DD2
    ‎"Making the decision to have a child--it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    All stores nightfill hours can vary. I think most tend to be something like 7pm-12am or 8pm-12am or 9pm-12am. You do get some stores with crappier hours like 12am -3am.. just depends on what time their trucks come in.
    I would say most stores would try to have the shifts before 12am as they have to pay you a higher rate afterwards.
    Part time rates are generally around $16-$18 something/hour and the casual rates vary between $19-$20 something per hour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there,
    I worked at our local Coles while I was on unpaid leave from work, as we needed a bit of extra cash. (Have given it up now...)
    As HarvestMoon said, all the shops set their own fill hours... I did 8 pm -12pm, but lots of stores do a 'dawn' fill - starting at 3 or 4 am... you'd have to ask.
    Most will only put you on as casual to start with - and that's about $20/hr (adult rate).
    I actually enjoyed the work, it's not science - you just pick a box, open it and stack the shelf!! And the pay is great considering!

Good luck!
    My two little heart beats...
    06/07/2007 28/05/2009
    What ever else is uncertain in this world of ours... a mother's love is not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm looking for part time or casual work at Safeway or Coles too, hoping to work 7pm to 12am but we'll see what happens.

Do you need to have any retail experience. I would like to maybe work in the deli as I have worked in a kitchen (I was a kitchen hand and also helped prepare food and salads etc) OR stack shelves.

Should I look at doing a short retail course or something just to get my foot in the door?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My mum did that before getting a job at the head office when we were kids

i dont remember it much but my oldest brother hated it as he wouldnt get to spend as much time with her as shed be asleep during the day..

Mummy (21) & Daddy (22)
    to two very sweet girls..

Shanelle Holly and Kiara Emily
    10-2-05 & 16-12-07