User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Hot hands & feet

Hi there, just seeing if anyone else has experienced this while pregnant:

Yesterday I woke up with a killer headache which made me really sensitive to sunlight. The pain was up and down all day and finally stopped altogether last night.

Yesterday and today I also have really warm hands and feet. My forehead is slightly warm and my temp is reading at 36.8

I don't have any other symptoms, not sore throat or blocked nose. Just the overly warm hands and feet and feel a little run down.

I have been fairly stressed the last few days with a lot going on. I'm not sure if this is stress related or something I need to be worried about. I'm 14 weeks pregnant.

Any advice would be great.
    Me: 39
    DH: 37
    DD1: 7
    DD2: 3

Thanks
    Reviews

Talking me too!!!

I am 30 also and have those sort of hot flushes and headaches often during my days and especially when I am sleeping in the middle of the night.
    The only way I can understand them is the hormone levels in your body during pregnancy. It might mean I have an iceblock or kick the sheets off me. I also have hot feet all the time. Usually I have cold feet all the time when I wasn't pregnant. I think it is the increased blood flow through the body. I have had this with both my pregnancies and they were both boys ( don't know if this makes a difference).
    Plenty of rest is all that is needed , sometimes when I feel exhausted this is what happens so I just have to take it easy.
    1 yr old to 5 yr= 4 lively kids

98 94 90 88 86 84 82 80 78 76 74 72 70 I made to goal 15/7/2010

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well Im only a spring chicken compared to you 18 to be exact - hehe sorry no offence was intended by that!!

I have "hot flushes" its because of the hormone fluctuations apparently.... I find that a cool shower helps or cold water...and a fan.... I get to the point where I feel like im going to pass out im so hot!

I dont know what the headaches would be about- but i thnk it would be pretty safe to assume that its also hormones- my book says headaches adn "hot flushes" are normaly from around 12 weeks onwards- so I wouldnt worry

Thanks
    Reviews
    Adele you've still got years of child bearing ahead of you so you'd better get used to those hot flushes.
    Lets talk when you have 6 kids and are 30. Ha!!!!!Ha!!!!!
    1 yr old to 5 yr= 4 lively kids

98 94 90 88 86 84 82 80 78 76 74 72 70 I made to goal 15/7/2010

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ive had the headache thing- nearly for 4months straight I had it that bad.. any kind of light would kill my eyes... I think when it gets to an extreme like that, you need to see a doc. My doc sent meto get my eyes tested and It turns out I need glasses... And I was also sent to the Chiropractor (we found one that deals mostly with pregnant women), due to my huge amounts of stress and we have a weekly session where the guy puts my spine back in place gently and massages out my stressed muscles- that are known for causing major headaches. (Thank god the sessions only cost me $5 otherwise there would be no way I could go...)

If the headaches continue, id suggest the chiro definatly... its helped me HEAPS

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Danik,

Yes I remember the hot feet all too well - I would suggest getting yourself some of The Body Shop's peppermint foot cream - it's really cooling and heavenly. I think I spent the last few weeks of my pregnancy slathered in that - get your DP/DH to massage it in too! It really helped me, I hope it helps you too!
    The four of us now appearing live in NSW

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all

The body temperature definately does rise when your pregnant. I remember sleeping on top of the sheets etc for most of my pregnancy. And in saying that, Ive been less tolerant of the summer just gone, even after having my Dd. Maybe the hormones while breast feeding....im actually enjoying the cooler weather.
    Dd born November 2005

Thanks
    Reviews
    My feet BURN up. Its been going on for months.

DP brought some Cold Spray home one day. They use it on burns. Its freezing and you spray it on your feet.

Its HEAVENLY!! I am on my fourth or fifth can.

Its wonderfuly, magic, lifesaving stuff. I think you can get it at the chemist. I don't know how much it is, but whatever it costs I'd pay it. Its just gorgeous on burning feet. Makes em nice and freezing for about half an hour and then you just spray it again. Lovely!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    early on in my pregnancy i had massive headaches...they seriously last for 3days straight (I couldnít even watch tv or have loud sounds around me) I went to the doc and he said its normal because of the hormones..and to just drink plenty of water and relax.

I donít remember the hot hands and hot feet...though my hubby wont let me hug him at night cos he says im a furnace!!

maybe you should have a quick checkin with your doc, i'm sure everything is fine and your bod is just adjusting to the new hormones...but maybe a check-up to ease your mind would help reduce your stress.

***ME 22***
    ***DH 29***
    ***BABY GIRL CLAUDIA PARIS BORN 28JUN06!***

Thanks
    Reviews
    Headaches in pregnancy are so so normal, but if they get bad like unbearable get it checked out with your doctor. But as for the hot flushes, gosh mine are so bad, I am sick of sweating and having to change out of my clothes so regularly. That is one part of pregnancy I won't miss. Wade doesn't realise how bad it is when I say I want the a/c on, MEN they will never understand!!!!
    ME-35 DP-37
    Lachlan Robert - 22nd May 2006 - 6lb 5oz
    Riley Lynwall - 27th June 2008 - 7lb 10oz

M/C TWINS 11 & 23/5/05 and IDENTICAL TWINS 31/8/07
    M/C 17/2/11 was 9 weeks 5 days, baby was too good for this world from 8 weeks 5 days