DD is 8 months old and her sleeping is quite bad lately.
* she is a catnapper by day 3x 30 minute sleeps BUT is happy between them and I cant seem to resettle her so im not too concerned by this.
* I have done allot of reading including the No Cry Sleep Solution and am about to borrow a copy of Pinky's Sleeping Like a Baby.
* Unless I crack and end up REALLY stressed i will not do controlled crying, i dont feel like i am close to being this bad yet.
* DD is on solids 3 times a day and still breastfeeds.
* during the day she is put in her cot to sleep while I practically have to lean in the cot and lay on/with her while she settles which is without too much fuss as long as I am that close to her. i am planning to slowly withdraw so eventually i wont have to be so close.
* DD cant seem to self settle.
* we have a routine at all sleeps which includes her dummy and blankie and reading books in her room. She then gets put in her cot during the day as above and is breastfed to sleep in the night (purely because she is due for a feed and she falls asleep on the breast)
Her normal night time timeline is:
*bed at around 7pm
*normally she would wake a couple of times in the next hour or two but the last 3 nights (*touch wood!) she hasnt as i have put a top i have been wearing during the day under her head. (this doesnt seem to continue to help overnight though)
*i would normally dreamfeed her around 11pm before i go to bed and have been meaning to skip this to see how she goes but every time i aim to she seems to wake anywhere from 10-11pm anyway!
*the last few nights she has been waking for instance a few times before 3am, sometimes every hour from around midnight. I eventually give in and bring her into our bed by about the 3rd time up as i have had enough. Im lucky to get 2hrs sleep in a row at the moment, sometimes i get 30 minutes by the time i resettle her and get back into bed and to sleep again.
* i resettle her during the night by rolling her back onto her side and popping her dummy back in and getting down close to her which normally works. I normally breastfeed her once a night and she will feed quite well.
Sorry for all that just wanted to give some info...
ANYWAY... i just dont know what to do. I love having her in bed with us and she has always come in but used to be allot later in the mornings but my back is starting to hurt laying on my side with her there and neither DH or i sleep that well with her there. I know i may be making it worse bringing her into bed but i just cant continue to get up during the night that many times! DH has never gotten up to her (and wont) it is causing fights between us as he doesnt like her in bed yet doesnt know how sleep deprivation feels! as she doesnt sleep long during the day it is impossible to catch up on sleep and as mentioned before if i ever try to get to bed early she ends up waking anyway! then of course i am having trouble getting to sleep expecting her to wake!
I have another appointment with CYH about in 2 weeks time it but i have already been to see them about her sleep and they were no help at all really, they were encouraging and supportive but no real help IYKWIM.
I really think she is crying out for me because she cant resettle herself and she wants me, sometimes she cries and cries and waves her arms and legs about and arches her back as if she was in pain yet as soon as i pick her up she stops and you might even get a smile out of her!!
I have contemplated sleeping in her room on the recliner chair for as long as it takes to resettle her without bringing her in bed but im not sure how i will cope with little and uncomfortable sleep. i kinda dont want to try anything drastic unless i know it will have a good chance of working or it could make things worse (as in my mental health and lack of sleep!)
Who do I see.... who can i turn to? What can i try!!