User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Thumbs up help with trying to fall pregnant

Hi all my name is jenny im 26 and have a son Connor 14/07/03. ive been trying for 3 months for bub #2 and havent had any luck as yet. I have heard to help to fall pregnate you should do the Wild Thing twice in the same night/day to increase chance, thats all good and well but my partner falls asleep after the first round, let alone another round! I also heard that afterwards of laying down for a least 10 minutes to "bake" the cervix. Does anyone know the tricks of the trade? I will be gratefull for any info as i dont want a big gap in my kids and would also love a daughter, not that it really matters i would just be thrill to be excpecting again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Hi Jenny,

Can I recommend you buy the latest issue of Mother & Baby mag (June/July) (it's like my baby bible!! ).
    They have a great article on 10 conception theories exploded!

One thing inparticular was they explored the idea of how diet can increase chances of having a boy/girl with a dies hight in potassium & sodium eg bananas, spicy & salty food & red meat for a boy OR a diet of calcium and magnesium rich foods like milk, cheese, fish, rice & nuts for conceiving a girl.

Also, don't stess too much about falling pregnant as it's been proven that it's easier to fall pregnant the second time around. We found that with our first child I had ovulated on day 7 of my cycle, 2nd child was on day 14 (roughly) and my current pregnancy was day 7 again, so in relation to 'doing it' twice in one night, I say just do it whenever you can get your part up to it! (Don't worry, I'm in the same boat, I'm always more interested in round 2 because round one just seems like a warm up!!!

As for tricks, anything that involves a 'deeper' experience might help as it gives all those swimmers a little head start! Also, 'girl' swimmers are larger and live longer but 'boy'swimmers swim faster so they've got more chance of winning the race! So having a little fun a day or two before you ovulate (if you know when that is) is probably more likely to result in a girl if you fall pregnant.

Hope these tips help!
    Anna.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default ovulation

Thanks anna i appreciate your advice, the only problem i have is i dont know about ovulation is this the pains u get before a period? I heard your supose to take your tempture at the same time every morning and chart it , then when you have a rise in tempature it means your ovulating! I confuse with it all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jenny,
    Try looking it up on the net. Type in something like "how to choose the sex of your baby".
    It should bring back something that could help you. I'm trying for a girl and the way I found when I was ovualting was the CM.
    Good luck with everything and keep us up to date on how you are going.
    My periods are due on Sunday and I'm hoping that they will be a no show, fingures crossed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jenny,

My advice may seem a little simplistic but..............I had an implanon cotraceptive rod in my arm for 3 years and was reallt excited and anxious to conceive once it was removed. For the first month I read everything I could and hit my husband up at every chance I could! I then got my period and felt a little down. I was discussing this with my doctor and explained I was planning to test my temperature for when I was ovulating and she suggested I just forget about it for a while, concentrate on being happy and just have sex when we felt like it. I took her advise (I still wanted to fall preganant!) and just relaxed about it a bit and what do you know I am now 4 weeks pregnant!!!!
    Sometimes if you just relax and enjoy yourself good things happen!
    The only thing I did do is made sure I laid down for a while after sex to help the little buggers swim......
    Good luck!

Beck

Thanks
    Reviews

Wink From the male side

I hope it is Ok that a male is replying, just thought a point of view from the OTHER side might be helpful.. hehe

It took my wife and I almost 12 months to conceive, I did the test thing to make sure the boys and girls could swim, once we both knew there was no problem that side we went back to the bedroom. As much as I enjoyed the love making it becomes different when you know you are doing it to have a baby, so for me it was difficult to just turn it on like a tap, so twice a night may get difficult. Not to use excuses but after a hard day sleep is so wonderful....

So after more months of trying my wife finally went to the temp method and within two months we were pregnant with our wonderful little boy Cole.

I hope this gave a little help.

Mischief is offline Love. Dream. Laugh. The shadows simply mean the sun is shining!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank You
    Hi Alleycat!

My hubby is the same....pre baby trying he was always ready, but now we are trying for a baby and I'm the one doing the nagging I think sometimes its a bit of a turn off!

Girls, try to give the poor guys a break! LOL (I'm guilty)....it might be pretty easy for us to think..."okay, baby making time...." and *roll over* but guys have to be *in the mood* and I guess its not a great turn on when the woman is looking at you like a sperm bank instead of like a god or something! I know its a real worry....(for me anyway)...when girls only have a time span of about 24 hours to get the swimmers to the egg, but guys dont feel that same sence of urgency....its not in their make up to have to hurry! Their swimmers can last 3-5 days!!!!

Being aware that you are trying to make a new life makes a huge difference too....it makes it all so much more emotional and it makes you more aware of WHAT and WHY you are doing *it*......I must admit personally its taken the edge off it for me, but its made it a brilliant experience in so many other ways!

1 - Try to enjoy yourself.......(easy said...hard done I know....I'm stressing and its only been 2 months...lol)...
    2 - Eat healthy - for a boy they say to eat alkaline based foods, and for a girl eat more acidic foods.
    3 - Relax, get lots of fresh air...
    4 - Dont drink heaps of coffee, tea, coke, or alchol....

Most of all, enjoy each others company....live it up now, because by all accounts once bubs comes along you dont have much time together anymore!

Good luck!!!!! Fingers crossed for all off us trying to conceive that it happens really soon!!!

Luv,
    Kat

At the computer so the kids are finally asleep
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default The Billings Method!

Hi there!

My suggestion is to read "The Billings Method" by Dr Evelyn Billings (with contributions by Dr Westmore) as it is fantastic in understand your body and your cycles. It is a method that has been around for years and for me it made reading my body so easy. It can be used to achieve or avoid pregnancy. I did not have to chart (you can do if you are that keen) but I could read my cervical mucus which indicated to me about my fertile times very easily. We had just one cycle on it and conceived right when my Cervical mucus indicated fertility.

There are also classes available in the Billings Method too.

That's my recommendation.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default thank you for all your helpfull info

thank you so much to everyone one on your advise, every bit helps me, it was also great to hear from a males point of view.I agree with the comments of trying to relax and just go with it all, i must admit sex is diffrent when your trying and every time i think in my head "maybe this is it" instead of just relaxing and enjoying the moment and i have been thinking of my man as a bit of a sperm bank but after reading everyones thread im feeling a little guiltly so maybe i should let my man take charge in the bedroom instead of me "bugging" him every night.Im also going to work out how the ovulation part plays a roll so if i happen to 'bugg' him then ill make sure its on the approprate day Thank you all again i will keep in touch with my endevours.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am not sure if this will help, but it worked for me. Try to abstain from sex from the end of your period to ovulation - apparently this builds up lots of healthy sperm. This tip came about from a study which showed that one religion (forgive my ignorance I can't remember which one) who didn't have sex for 13 days after a womens period had substantially bigger families than most. It could be total nonsense but maybe worth a go. Good luck.