Hello - my DS2 is 5 weeks old and I am fairly confident that like DS1 he is suffering from reflux. DS1's reflux was silent and he was put on Zantac, then Losec, but to be honest while these improved him slightly he wasn't 'fixed' until he just grew out of it around 1yo.
While DS2 isn't as bad (I don't think his is silent, and he doesn't scream as constantly!), he is still very unsettled and does the following:
- vomits often - usually projectile after feed, and then just possets right up to next feed. Usually cries after vomiting.
- feeding every 2-3 hrs during day
- cat naps
- wakes crying
- not happy on his back (e.g. playmat)
- feeding 3-4 hours at night, but unsettled between feeds (grunts, groans, vomits, cries)
- very snuffly
- hiccups often
- sneezes often
- prefers to be held constantly
- sometimes cries while feeding on the breast (he is fully breastfed)
My question is - is there a link between reflux and dairy intolerance? I am considering cutting dairy from my diet to see the effect. Do you have any advice re: this? Are some dairy foods worse offenders than others (e.g yogurt worse than butter) or must I cut everything out to see its impact?
I suppose I don't want to waste time trying this if he actually needs Zantac (I'd prefer to go straight to the GP).