User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Maree

just checked in on this thread and saw my name Yes by all means I can definitely try and help with your query. Like i mentioned I'm a theatre nurse so the nature of theatre is most cases are during the day, but if your looking at paramedics you could do a variety of shifts (later in the day I'd imagine) that you can help with avoiding childcare costs. We've always had to go that way because with Nursing you generally don't get set shifts so I always needed to have a couple of days that my youngest Jade has care organized so regardless of what time I start/finish she is covered and then Hubby does the drop offs/pick ups or whoever is free!

It can be tricky at times and sometimes I think I could just not work (I'm one of the only ones of my girlfriends who works) but I'm not really designed to be home 7 days a week and my career is really important to me also! And yes you can miss school concerts etc but that can happen in whatever line of work you are in if you need/choose to be in the workplace and not a SAHM.

Hope this helps! if I can answer anything else let me know!

Hi to all the other mums in here too! Happy New Years!
    TTC #3! M/C April 2011, January 2012. Beautiful babies not to be.

DD Mia 6 years old

DD Jade 3 years old

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I've worked the past 4 out of 5 days and I'm home alone with bub today and she is clingy and sooky, she is 9months old. Do u think it's cos I've been leaving her? I think so and it makes me sad as I have to work. I'm a rn and on shift work so I at least see her for a third of the day. I enjoy my work but hate leaving her

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Don't read too much into it. She might be a little unwell, or she might still be getting used to you not being there all the time. She will eventually settle into your new routine.

xkwzit
    FORUM MODERATOR

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so glad I found this forum- I joined Bubhub when I was pregnant but never really got involved... but lately I've been struggling heaps with the logistics of being a working mum with a bub. As lovely as my mothers group is, they aren't very helpful since most of them don't even plan on going back to work at all!

Marital Status: Married
    Child: 5 month 3 week old baby boy
    Work: Lawyer/consultant. Been back at work 2 days a week since the little dude was 3 months old, and in July it's going up to 3 days a week. Its supposed to go up to full time at the end of the year, but I'd like to increase it sooner if I can get the wee man into decent daycare, get him to not wake up 3 times a night (I actually fell asleep on the nursery floor at 4am last night!) & find a way to make my billable hours!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's tough isn't it?! I returned three days when DS was 9 months and am loving it. I was so not happy being a full time SAHM - going back to work was the best thing for me and I appreciate my time with DS so much more. So lucky we got a daycare spot though or else I would have had to resign!! No family here to help out.

Good luck with getting some more sleep!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Hi all. I work 2 days a week, study 1 day, work placement 1 day and share care of my grandpa 1 day. I cant wait for December to come along, my course and work placement will be done and I can stick with my 2 days a week. I love my job but I hate being away from my babies so so much. I miss being a SAHM. I feel sad and anxious every morning having to get up and get ready to leave :-(

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    He 27 She 25
    Little Monkey April 2011 - Angel 2012 - Busy Bee April 2013
    And another April baby on the way - 2015!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All, thought I would join this thread. I'm 31, an IT consultant and I've been back at work 4 days since January and return to FT hours next week. DD is 18 months. I will do one day from home initially and hopefully that can extend to two, which will mean shorter dc hours for dd on those days. I'm dreading having to fit all the household jobs into the weekend!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by GlasgowRose View Post
    Hi All, thought I would join this thread. I'm 31, an IT consultant and I've been back at work 4 days since January and return to FT hours next week. DD is 18 months. I will do one day from home initially and hopefully that can extend to two, which will mean shorter dc hours for dd on those days. I'm dreading having to fit all the household jobs into the weekend!
    Since I am out of the house 5 full days a week, I have a "weekend jobs" list on the side of the fridge. I tick them when done and it feels more productive hehe. I also do a tidy every night, I wipe over the bathroom when the kids are in the bath, clean the shower when im in it. I do the kitchen every night after making lunches and do washing in the mornings / evenings depending what time I get home or we have to leave.

I didnt mention in my pp, but I am 25 and a loans processor for a mortgage broker. I job share with another mumma so we both work 2 days a week. Im studying childcare with the hope to do family day care in the future, so my work placement is in a childcare centre (the one my kids attend!)

He 27 She 25
    Little Monkey April 2011 - Angel 2012 - Busy Bee April 2013
    And another April baby on the way - 2015!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to blissfulfairy For This Useful Post:

GlasgowRose  (17-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by blissfulfairy View Post
    Since I am out of the house 5 full days a week, I have a "weekend jobs" list on the side of the fridge. I tick them when done and it feels more productive hehe. I also do a tidy every night, I wipe over the bathroom when the kids are in the bath, clean the shower when im in it. I do the kitchen every night after making lunches and do washing in the mornings / evenings depending what time I get home or we have to leave.

I didnt mention in my pp, but I am 25 and a loans processor for a mortgage broker. I job share with another mumma so we both work 2 days a week. Im studying childcare with the hope to do family day care in the future, so my work placement is in a childcare centre (the one my kids attend!)

I'm pretty much the same with cleaning kitchen every night, and giving the bathroom a once over whilst dd is in the bath, but I love my day off for midweek vacuum, mopping and laundry, I guess I will just have to squeeze these in in some evening too. DH may have to up his game too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies,
    Need extra babysitting/nannying help over the hectic Christmas period?????

I am a 26 year old university student, on my 3 month break (Dec – Feb) and am looking for babysitting/nannying work.

My experience is as follows:

· Full time Nanny in London for 2 years; looking after a 3 year old boy and 5 year old girl.

· Full time kindy (uncertified) teacher at a kindy at Bilgola from 2012-2013 - I now work at this kindy 1 day per week whilst studying.

· I was a qualified gymnastics coach for 4 years during highschool (teaching ages of 3-10year olds).

· I have tones of babysitting experience and references if needed

If you are interested please text/call me direct on 0416933823 – Shae.