1. What do you like most about your current locality / posting ?
2. What don't you like about your current locality / posting. ?
3. Do you attend any of the DCO events ? if not why not.
4. Is there a defence community newsletter ?
5. Do you mix with civi spouses and defence or favour one to the other ?
I'll go first.
1. I love the close proximity to the beaches, dog friendly areas, easy to get from A to B. Lovely people in my immediate area.
2. The "baby scribble" aka graffiti that ends up on the kids playground nearby. The ******** who stole my sons bike from our garage/carport which now gets locked up. lol. (was a cheap **** bike and due for a new one).
3. Yes I always attend DCO events
as long as kids are catered for and I'm available. Free food is the draw card but also can be a way of meeting others (if enough go).
4. No defence community newsletter which is a biatch cos it would bridge the gap and help families come together.
5. I mix with both civi and defence spouses. It's always good to have defence cos they 'get' what's going on when you're DH is away. I feel there is always a bond when you meet another defence spouse.