User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Question Can You get a rental bond loan in NSW

im currently living in canberra with my mother.

Im thinking of relocating to the NSW coastal region.. as i can actually afford to rent a decent place down there whereas he is canberra i can not.

Here in canberra is i was to rent here through ACT gov housing i can apply for a rental bond loan.. so that is one less finacial stress for me to worry about.

Just wanting to know if there is a similar scheme thats applys to NSW.

I cant believe the rental market i can not even afford a bedsit here in canberra but down he coast i can get a 2- 3 bd house/flat within distance from beach and the house are decent.. i wont know anyone down & all my fmaily and friends are here in canberra.. so it will be a big change for me and my baby.. but if it gives us the chance to get our own decent place reduces the pressure for me to jump back into work ( as that would be the only way i could rent here in canberra) it a sacrafice im willing to make.. we would only be a few hours away from canberra so ppl can come vist and im sure ill make new friends

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know what you mean about Canberra prices thats why DH and i moved to Goulburn last year, we only pay $230 a week rent for a house that, in Canberra, would go for $360 a week
    Good luck, i hope you find something nice
    Cheers, Lisa
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Some day my boat will come in, and with my luck I'll be at the airport.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    So you are talking about public housing not private rental right? (sorry, very tired ) Public housing in NSW has no bond full stop. You pay nothing, bar your rent and a percentage of water. A friend pays about $5 a fortnight for water. I would ring housing in NSW and ask if you can apply from ACT. The other issue is the waiting list. Because you are not homeless now, you won't be a high priority. you really should ring the housing office closest to where you plan to move and ask what their waiting lists are.

If you are speaking of private then yes, you can get your bond paid for if you are low income. Not sure how you would go applying from ACT though. You may actually have to reside in NSW to apply for a bond. You also need to have been already accepted into a property before being able to apply for the bond. From when you lodge to when they pay the RE is only about 4 days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think with most state's you have to show you live in that state

I think with NSW they will pay 75% of the bond. But if your in severe financial hard ship you can some times get more

Thanks
    Reviews
    who do you contact in NSW to get the bond loan for a private rental

Thanks
    Reviews