User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Evening primrose oil directly to cervix?

I've been taking Evening Primrose Oil at night and I want to apply it directly to the cervix from 36 weeks. Without sounding too what happens to the capsuals in the morning - do they come out on their own or disolve or
    Me - 32 DH - 33
    Ds1 -9 Ds2 - 7
    Dd -1 attempted VBAC Dd2 - 1 month old

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I started just after week 35, and was told applying it directly is far more efficient than taking the orally.
    I used a sterile pin, pricked a few holes and squirted out as much as I could from 2-3 capsules each night. I am not sure wether they would dissolve, I assume they would just come out in the morning?

Thanks
    Reviews
    when I did it with DD I would get yellowy discharge the next day when I wiped. With DS, it just dissolved. Maybe it depends how far you manage to get it.
    Hubby(29) and Wifey(28) since Jan02
    and our three beautiful miracles
    DD Sep05 DS1 May07 DS2 Feb09
    miracle number 4 to be hba3c in Spring

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls, I'll start trying from 35 weeks and see if it makes a difference to my dilation compared to my first labour. Ended up with c/s so hopefully not this time!
    Me - 32 DH - 33
    Ds1 -9 Ds2 - 7

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with Born to be mummy....

The sme happened wit me!!

But keep taking it orally also..

Thanks
    Reviews
    ???? haven't heard of this before, please explain the benefits of EPO. thanks
    DS 8/04/08
    DD 26/11/09 (15weeks)
    DS 12/10/10

Thanks
    Reviews
    ideamum - thanks for that, how much do I take orally and how much do I insert? (At the moment I am taking 3 capsuals per night and they are 1000mg each - this is the recommended dose).

kylza - from what I understand (and please feel free to jump in and tell me I'm wrong anyone!) is that EPO helps to soften the cervix. It does not induce labour but does help dialation of the cervix during labour. I am also taking Raspberry Leaf Tea tablets which as I understand "tones" your uterus and helps during the pushing stage of labour.

A couple of things I have read have said that the midwives commented on how soft the cervix was for women who had taken the EPO and inserted it so I thought I would give it a go.

I have cleared both medications with my ob as I am attempting VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarean) so wanted to make sure they were both safe and he said that he was happy for me to take them.
    Me - 32 DH - 33
    Ds1 -9 Ds2 - 7

Thanks
    Reviews
    i must seem so dumb, but do you actually insert a EPO capsule down below, are they just normal capsules from the chemist like the ones you take orally?? Already taking Raspberry leaf but would give anything a try if it helps with labour.
    DS 8/04/08
    DD 26/11/09 (15weeks)
    DS 12/10/10

prideNJoy is offline October ~ Vaccine Injury Awareness Month
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kylza View Post
    i must seem so dumb, but do you actually insert a EPO capsule down below, are they just normal capsules from the chemist like the ones you take orally?? Already taking Raspberry leaf but would give anything a try if it helps with labour.
    Yes, you can insert the capsule and it will disolve. And they are the ones you would take orally.
    You could also try Accupuncture.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default WARNING - might be TMI

Dont worry I asked the same questions on a different thread!

As far as I can tell so far from responses and research some women just put a prick in the capsual with a needle and kind of squirt it in (yes down below) Others put a prick in the capsual and insert it at night and sleep with it in. I asked if it dissolved or you had to remove it and one bubhubber said that sometimes she would have a bit of discharge the next day and sometimes it would just disolve.

I've decided that from this weekend I am going to insert 2 capsuals at night, pricking them with a steralised needle first and also take them orally.

And yes, they are the normal EPO capsuals you get from the chemist.
    Me - 32 DH - 33
    Ds1 -9 Ds2 - 7