User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Craving Fish ..

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Craving Fish ..

haha I'm so paranoid about what I can and can't eat and i'm craving fish so bad ...
    Actually found a website that is totally dedicated to just talking about fish in pregnancy, breast feeding and small children. It told me everything I need to know and now I'm going to have atlantic salmon tonight to get over this stupid craving hahaha ..

http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/b...h?OpenDocument

hope that works if anyone wants to read!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always believe if you have a craving for something you should feed it (and yes even chocolate strangely enough). Normally a craving means a deficiency in something and whatever you are craving meets that need. It doesn't mean you couldn't find a substitute (magnesium substitute instead of chocolate or fish oil or something instead of fish) but it usually is the easiest way in your diet to meet it. I love fish and since the warnings talk about not having it more then 3 times a week I don't think I have any problems continuing with my usual diet.

I love salmon so enjoy.
    Me: 45 Him: 40
    Gabriella my bella. 26/10/2007
    Brother John. 4/11/2012

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tillismama View Post
    haha I'm so paranoid about what I can and can't eat and i'm craving fish so bad ...
    Actually found a website that is totally dedicated to just talking about fish in pregnancy, breast feeding and small children. It told me everything I need to know and now I'm going to have atlantic salmon tonight to get over this stupid craving hahaha ..

http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/b...h?OpenDocument

hope that works if anyone wants to read!
    With my DS I craved fish.. anything Real fish, fish fingers, fillet O fish.. hahaha
    Now im 19weeks into second pregnancy & off fish!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have had insane cravings for fish throughout each of my 4 pregnancies - mostly for the deep fried fish and chip fish with lots of lemon an tartar sauce ohhhhh yeh

Thanks
    Reviews
    all i ate really in the first 3months of being preggs with my son was tuna i ate so much my sister done the same when she was preggs with her son. they both turned out fine i think these days there is to much of dont eat this and dont eat that
    Jen-24 Paul-26

Jordan 21/03/06 =
    Jaydah 1/12/08 =

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    ATM, my craving for Sushi is back, it's so hard to ignore it I would never touch the raw seafood ones though, even if I wasn't pregnant.

I'm being good at the moment and avoiding all seafood and sushi. It's very tempting though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    There was an 8 year study done early 2007 about fish in pregnancy with 8000 people involed.Basically, not only is it safe, but VERY benificial.The study found if mothers ate more than the reccomened amount of fish in the 2nd half of pregnancy, their babies had 10% extra IQ, and better hand/eye coordination by the age of 2.
    Me 19, he two in July, we are doing full term breastfeeding
    http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...70#post3982070