User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pedicure - foot shaver

Hi ladies, I got a pedicure ages ago and the lady used one of those foot shaver things with the razor blade in it to remove the dead skin. It was the best pedicure I ever had so I thought I'd buy one of them to do it at home. Anyway I can't use it! I have no idea what I am doing wrong. I have the blade in but it isn't even touching the skin on my foot. It seems like it's not bent enough or something, but I know there is nothing wrong with it. Any beauticians out there can explain to me how to use it? TIA!
    Me, he, she (May 07) , him (Jan 10) and baby GIRL due Sept 2011

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi,
    well first, you gotta make sure you have a good one, coz we brought a few from beauty places for work and they just dont work at all, they just seem to small and wouldnt scrap anything off. The best one we found is 'manicare' these are good and sterdy. not even ones from beauty suppliers work as good. (we found)

so you just use the blade end and scrap along the heel, its pretty easy, we do it quite fast not slow other wise it doesnt work as good.
    Or just go back and get another pedi!! lol.

also so you dont get cracked heels, wear socks more often, expesh when its cold, before bed put cream on your feet then your socks. this should sofen them.
    luck
    daddy- 31
    mummy- 28
    Noah, born on his due date, 22nd Oct 2006
    Shilo, born on her due date, 19th May 2010

Mamaduke is offline Jacob Louis has arrived!
    Winner 2007 – The ‘Tell It Like It Is’ Straight Shooter Award
    & The Most Passionate Crusader Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch View Post
    Hi ladies, I got a pedicure ages ago and the lady used one of those foot shaver things with the razor blade in it to remove the dead skin. It was the best pedicure I ever had so I thought I'd buy one of them to do it at home. Anyway I can't use it! I have no idea what I am doing wrong. I have the blade in but it isn't even touching the skin on my foot. It seems like it's not bent enough or something, but I know there is nothing wrong with it. Any beauticians out there can explain to me how to use it? TIA!
    Sorry to hijack but do all beauty salons offer this when you have a pedicure because I'm in serious need of a scraping!
    Mama to my 3 Dukes of Hazzard!

Thanks
    Reviews
    some places may not do it, but it is part of the service.
    just request it next time, they should do it.
    daddy- 31
    mummy- 28
    Noah, born on his due date, 22nd Oct 2006
    Shilo, born on her due date, 19th May 2010

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mamaduke you gotta get them to do this, your feet will be like a babies ar$e after, it's the best thing.

Lee I think mine is too small. It was from Ebay, some beauty supply place, but it just doesn't seem big enough to actually do any damage! Thanks for your advice
    Me, he, she (May 07) , him (Jan 10) and baby GIRL due Sept 2011

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch View Post
    Mamaduke you gotta get them to do this, your feet will be like a babies ar$e after, it's the best thing.

Lee I think mine is too small. It was from Ebay, some beauty supply place, but it just doesn't seem big enough to actually do any damage! Thanks for your advice
    So does it have a technical name or do I just ask for a scraping?
    My feet are so swollen so I have to wear thongs all the time and everyone knows what thongs do to your heels!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Be very careful of these gadgets. I was just reading a story this afternoon in a "That's Life" (Or Take 5??) Magazine, a woman had this pedicure done and nearly lost her foot from infection

I'd never heard of them until today, the lady has always just used one of those "stone" thingy's.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WyattsMama View Post
    I'd never heard of them until today, the lady has always just used one of those "stone" thingy's.
    My Dad used to use a fishing knife for his feet in summer!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I find a really coarse nail or foot file does a better job, without the risk of cutting yourself.

Just do it when your feet are REALLY dry before you have a shower and all the dead skin just sands right off!

Of course If you don't have hard floors you might want to use a bit of paper or a bowl. the amount of skin is quite revolting~!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamaduke View Post
    My Dad used to use a fishing knife for his feet in summer!
    OMG!!