User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bleeding 8 months after Implanon

Hi all

Just hoping to gather some info to settle my mind a little. I had implanon inserted around 8 months ago. At first it was great although two weeks after having it put in I had a period which lasted for nearly three weeks. After that there was nothing for six months till around five weeks ago when I started bleeding (complete with nasty period style pains and PMT) and just haven't stopped.

I went to my GP who insisted on a pap smear for cervical cancer. He also advised that it was unlikely Implanon would be related to this after this length of time. While I wait for the test results I've been really stressed out as I had multiple cone biopsies around ten years ago to remove pre cancerous cervical cells.

I've been very vigilant with PAP smears - usually insisting on one every six to twelve months due to my history. The last one ten months ago was all clear and I'm in perfect health otherwise.

This has made me really anxious as my GP was quite adamant Implanon was unlikely to cause bleeding after so many months. My impression had been that Implanon was related to all sorts of irregular bleeding patterns so I hadn't been stressed at all prior to seeing the doctor!

Has anyone else had any similar experiences with Implanon bleeding irregularities past the first few months? Time will tell with the tests but in the meantime I'm preparing to have the Implanon removed next week as well.

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry I don't really have any advice but just wanted to send you these, and try not to worry.(I know easier said than done)

I have had 4 GF's who all has bleeding/cramping issues with Implanon. I would personally never get it because of this.

everything will come back all clear, till then

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have heard of alot of people having no period at all. I had the implanon implant for 7 months and decided to have it removed as i had constant bleeding the whole 7 months. I would go from heavy to light to very light, but it never stopped. So after 7 long months i had it removed

have a look at the link below. It sounds similar to what you have described.

http://www.ciao.co.uk/Implanon__Review_5523185

Good luck with everything!

Me-26 DH-29 = DS-9 DD-7 DS-5 DS-2

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used Imp for about a 1 1/2 yrs before I had a 3mnth period and went enough is enough.
    Apparently, to some people it just happens.

Lucky us!

Ys_Woman is offline My life: an endless cycle of wiping noses and bums!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I went from one AF a month to two and even three. After eighteen months of that enough was enough and I had the gp dig it out.
    Me and he plus four: 22, 8, 7, 1
    NEWS: Jake Seth was born 31/8/09. My first grandbaby!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my implanon in for two years and it was two years of hell. My partner witnessed a lot of scary mood swings. I bled for 6 months straight and then got put on a pill. I still kept spotting and after about another 6 months i went to another docot and they told me how dangerous it was two be on two high dose contreceptions for breast cancer risk. I stopped the pill and started bleeding again almost immediatley, and finally decided to get the implanon out. That was in February and im still not pregnant yet! I have also heard about lucky people who dont get a period with implanon.
    Anyone have any luck with getting pregnant after getting the implanon out??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beezee78 View Post
    Hi all

Just hoping to gather some info to settle my mind a little. I had implanon inserted around 8 months ago. At first it was great although two weeks after having it put in I had a period which lasted for nearly three weeks. After that there was nothing for six months till around five weeks ago when I started bleeding (complete with nasty period style pains and PMT) and just haven't stopped.

I went to my GP who insisted on a pap smear for cervical cancer. He also advised that it was unlikely Implanon would be related to this after this length of time. While I wait for the test results I've been really stressed out as I had multiple cone biopsies around ten years ago to remove pre cancerous cervical cells.

I've been very vigilant with PAP smears - usually insisting on one every six to twelve months due to my history. The last one ten months ago was all clear and I'm in perfect health otherwise.

This has made me really anxious as my GP was quite adamant Implanon was unlikely to cause bleeding after so many months. My impression had been that Implanon was related to all sorts of irregular bleeding patterns so I hadn't been stressed at all prior to seeing the doctor!

Has anyone else had any similar experiences with Implanon bleeding irregularities past the first few months? Time will tell with the tests but in the meantime I'm preparing to have the Implanon removed next week as well.

Thanks
    beezee78 I also got the Implanon put it 8 months ago May Last Year and even since then I have had a period no stop, and weight gain.. I am seeing doctor this weekend to tell him I want it out and see what other method I can use other then the pill, as I want to save money if I can which I am good at forgetting a tablet. I am lucky if I get 2-3 day break between periods that last 3-4 weeks, so basically ongoing period for 8 months now.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default implanon bleeding

hey in response to your post, i only recently got my implanon. about 2 and a 1/2 months ago, but i started my period straight after and have been constantly bleeding since. im not sure wether im going to keep it in, but hopefully yours stops soon, that sounds terrible. all the best

x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by corbinseth View Post
    Anyone have any luck with getting pregnant after getting the implanon out??
    I got implanon removed July/august got period 20th august fell pregnant september 5
    I was one of the lucky ones who didn't have a period often and when I did it was light and only lasted a few days.My sister had hers removed as she got a period for 3 weeks every month for 4 months before having enough