User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default The 5 sounds a baby makes....

Hi,

During the year, there was an australian lady doing the rounds on t.v and even on Oprah - I think she was called the Baby Whisperer and she identified the 5 essential sounds that a baby makes to let you know what it needs. I really want to try her theory and I can recall that one of the sounds was 'eh..eh....eh' which means "I need to burp/vomit". The other one was when they cry and make a "Whaa" sound it means tiredness and to put them down. The third was a "naaah" cry which means "I'm hungry" and the other two I can't recall.

Anybody know what I'm talking about?

Thx

An2net

Thanks
    Reviews
    That would be the Dunstan baby language you're speaking of. I can't comment on it because I haven't used it myself.

It's for babies 0-3months and the sound reflexes you are listening out for are :

Neh="I'm hungry"
    Owh="I'm sleepy"
    Heh="I'm experiencing discomfort"
    Eair="I have lower gas"
    Eh="I need to burp"

HTH.
    Me = Lauren, DH = Jamie.
    The kiddies = Dion (8), Calista (5)
    Jye, (4) Dakota (2). and Lillah (3months).

our little treasures is offline Gorgeous family wonderful friends <3 life!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't find them helpful with dd2
    Disclaimer: My posts are my opinions!! Not yours MINE. I know the truth as it happened to my family and I know my rights. That is all

Thanks
    Reviews
    The only one i really noticed was neh.. she still says neh for wanting to feed.
    When I cry, I am not being naughty or misbehaving; I am not being unreasonable. Please listen to me when I am feeling this way. I know it's hard to listen to me cry. Listen to me so that I don't repress these feelings and turn bitter when I get older. Please don't distract me. I need to deal with these feelings. Offer me hugs and support. Stay with me when I cry. Listen.. Keep listening..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I remember it, but I couldn't believe what a load of **** it is....this woman is making money off something that essentially means nothing. If there are only "5" different cries, then that means there are only "5" different things to try and get your baby to settle, how hard can that be? Just have a stab in the dark, with only 5 choices you gotta get it right sooner or later.
    What ever happened to mothers instinct??? It has been totally lost in the huge mass of garbage baby books, and women like this.
    "I know human being and fish can coexist peacefully."

Another WTF? moment from George .W. Bush.

DivinelySophistimicated is offline Hrmmm....The beauty that lies within *a blessing*-my day will come soon
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4boys2love View Post
    I remember it, but I couldn't believe what a load of **** it is....this woman is making money off something that essentially means nothing. If there are only "5" different cries, then that means there are only "5" different things to try and get your baby to settle, how hard can that be? Just have a stab in the dark, with only 5 choices you gotta get it right sooner or later.
    What ever happened to mothers instinct??? It has been totally lost in the huge mass of garbage baby books, and women like this.
    Totally agree!
    If there are 5 things then why cant we just do this for an unsettled baby:

Feed
    Burp
    Change Nappy
    Massage/ cuddle
    Down for a nap

All 5 "cries" are covered for and who doesnt do this routine when getting baby to sleep??

I think its a crock of cr@p
    Ms 25 Mr 31
    DD1-9
    DD2- due 14/9/13

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its actually been found in studies around the world that babies cry this way in their first 3mths. They also tend to change their cries if they havent had their needs met properly so thats why they often become different etc.

I have to say it helped me through this time with DS2 & i only wish i'd known about it with DS1.

They are very distinct cries.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I used that when DS was tiny, and he mostly said the "neh" sound for hungry. It was helpful to know when he was just hungry, but when I was pregnant I was soooo naive and thought that knowing the 5 cries would solve all possible problems with my baby . I even argued the point with my mum (who has brought up me and my sister), and said "No, it's fine mum, if the baby needs burping I'll just go in, pick him/her up and he/she will fall back to sleep" I laugh when I think about that! When DS was born I got a major reality check

Thanks
    Reviews
    My bub makes a snorting sound when hes hungry.. very strange lol.. like a lil piggy
    Getting married 2013
    J & C
    Heath
    - 5 years old

Thanks
    Reviews
    wow - am kind of sorry I asked!!

I'm keeping an open mind about it and will give it a go - anything helps at 2am in the morning when there's a lack of sleep all round doesn't it?????

Thx for the replies

An2net.