User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pregnancy after Implanon

Hi everyone,

I had an Implanon in for 9 months and have had it removed for 4 1/2 months because we are TTC

My cycles don't seem to be as 'fertile' as they use to be, and my luteal phase is shorter.

I was just wondering if anyone has had a Implanon and then after removal gone on to get pregnant. And how long did it take?

And is anyone else had any problems with trying to conceive after having an Implanon?

Thanks

xx Denise
    Me - 29 DH - 32
    DS- 9yrs DS- 7 yrs DS- 5yrs
    I love my boys!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

I had implanon for 1 year and had terrible trouble with it- when i finally had it removed i had been bleeding for 17weeks straight!!!!! Plus we were TTC

As you can see from my pic above^ i am preggi!!!! It took 2 periods to fall pregnant and when my 3rd was due well i found out hehe

Hope this helps good luck with your TTC

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Hi Denise,
    I had my implanon removed after the full 3 years and DH and I conceived on our first try (poor DH I think he was looking forward to a few more tries!). I'm planning to have a new implanon inserted in a few weeks cos I found it so good first time round.
    Hope this helps
    Steph

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,
    I had Implanon removed after 2 years. I had it removed about 6 months before we planned in TTC & I concieved straight away.

I want to get another put in now, but my hubby said that I was a really moody cow when I had it so he doesn't want me to!
    Me + him = DD (7), DS (4), DS (4 months)

[Mod] pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I had my Implanon for 18months. We conceived on the second cycle after having it removed. I thought I'd just get another when this bub is born (as I thought it was brilliant), but there's been so many posts about problems people have had that I got scared and wondered about an IUD. Think I will go there again, as I was obviously one it worked well for.
    Forum Administrator
    Me 40 DH 39
    DS 29/04/04
    DD 14/07/06
    # 3695

Thanks
    Reviews
    not the same scenerio, but I had implanon removed after 3 years of use, I didn't get pregnant before my next period (weren't trying, weren't preventing) went on the pill for a year and got preggie first try after that.
    Nikki ~ Chris
    Space Cadet Cobey C. (18/7/06)

Wiggle Worm Eva D. (28/5/09)

Thanks
    Reviews
    howdy, I had implanon in for about 2 year, had it taken out last july and 2 weeks later I was preg
    ~Me (Shellz) - 28
    ~DD (Emerald) - 23/1/06 @ 26 Weeks
    ~DS (Zack) - 20/6/08 @ 36 Weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks everyone, that's reassuring to hear that it all does return to normal.

Good luck to all of you that are pregnant
    Me - 29 DH - 32
    DS- 9yrs DS- 7 yrs DS- 5yrs
    I love my boys!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Suggestions

Hello everyone,
    I am new to and I just want to introduce myself. I am 20 years old and in my last year of university and finishing my bachelors of nursing. I am currently using implanon and when I got it inserted last January, I had bleeding for eight full months non-stop! Before that I was using the pill and I was a different person on the pill... very moody and always angry! In addition, I got pregnant on the pill in September 2004 but had a miscarriage at 10 weeks. I was devisatated. I was placed with the implant to avoid anymore unplanned pregnancies. So in addition to the implanon the doctor had put me on the pill to stop the bleeding. I was a big ball of angry emotions. So I stopped taking the pill in addition to the implanon and now I have regular periods only they are much shorter and less heavy. I am still very emotional. However, if you want the assurance of not having a 'whoopsy'.. I suggest implanon. My partner and I plan to have it removed in August so we can try to conceive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,
    I had Implanon in for almost 3 years and had it removed in the July of 2004. We weren't trying to fall pregnant but certainly weren't preventing it from happening either. I fell pregnant mid September.

Implanon was a god send for me. I can't take the pill (nasty side effects - numbness, trouble seeing, scary...) so implanon was the answer. I also have PCOS. The implanon stopped af & thus the hormone feeding frenzy to the PCOS. I didn't see af the whole time it was in which I thought was fabulous. My DH reckons it improved my outlook on life as well. My af is pretty horrid with serious ovulation pain in between each cycle so I loved Implanon but it's not for everyone.

Trying to get pregnant now & have my babies close together so I can get another Implanon & no more af - at least until it has to be changed.

Kay
    Me - 28 & Hubby - 32
    DD - Chloe Kate 16/06/05
    DS - due 07/11/07