User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 1 week late-neg tests can i still be pg?

Hi everyone,
    I was just wondering if anyone can help me. I am 1 week late for af but have had 2 neg hpt one when i was 1 day late and one when i was 4 days late, i also had a neg blood test when i was 5 days late. Normally i would just shrug it off as neg but i have been reading things on another site where people kept having neg hpt and blood test til they were about 2-3months late and some only confirmed preg with an ultrasound. I never had this with my other 2 they showed up at 6 weeks and 5 weeks. The problem is i feel different, i have been feeling nauseous, extremely tired, frequent trips to the toilet, constipation(sorry tmi) , more saliva, lump in my throat, heartburn, dizziness, the only thing i haven't really got is the sore boobs. Has anyone on here had a similar experience and turned out to be pregnant or shoul i just stop worrying and assume that im not? we aren't trying we ideally would like to wait til next year. any comments, suggestions or stories would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
    Me+DH=
    Tahlia, Jordan & Wesley
    My beautiful family is complete

Ky is offline <--- Ruby, the most precious little red gem ever!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It is possible ... do you drink much during the day? It could be that the hormone is too dilute in your urine for an hpt to pick it up yet. I found that this was the reason why I needed to do several tests before I got my bfps.

Here's hoping for the outcome that pleases you most!
    Holding four sweet babies forever in my heart ... Nikki, Sam, Alyssa and Ruby

Holding three beautiful children here in my arms ... Bella, Daniel and Anna
    Read our heartkid, Ruby's story HERE

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is possible, but i would go with your instincts and if by the end of the week you've had no AF or HPT BFP I would go back to your doctor for a blood test again.

Also could there be any other reason why AF would be late?
    Have you had unprotected BD this month?
    ~ * Mel * ~
    ~Fulfilled Mummy to~
    ~Mr X Miss C ~
    ~Miss T Mr L ~

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Double Check!!!

I did 2 home tests 2 days and a week after a late period and both came back negative. I then went to the doctor and my urine test came back as a very faint positive so she did a blood test which came back positive. I was only about 4 1/2 weeks pregnant so thats why the urine tests didn't pick it up. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    I too feel totally pregnany but all the hpt come back a bfn, anyway i am still on the pill, are you on the pill or any form of contraception? I have , nausea, vomiting, light headness, yesterday sore boobs, back aches, craving spicy food it all i can stomache, i have had my periods though while on the pill though they only last about 2 - 2 1/2 days lately. sorry im no help
    me rachel 28
    dh - 36
    ds - 10
    ds 6
    ds 5

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,
    Yes i am on the pill but i missed 3 last month, i also found out the day i went to the dr for blood test that i had an infection, don't know if that could be why i missed my af
    sugar n spice- hope this doesn't sound rude but im kinda glad that im not the only one out there experiencing this. The only time i have ever felt like this is when i have been pg. I did another hpt today and still a bfn if im not pg i would just like to know whats going on with my body .
    Anyways thanks for all your advice and stories keep them coming pls its nice to have advice and know that im not going crazy lol
    Me+DH=
    Tahlia, Jordan & Wesley

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tanya i understand exactly as you feel i would like to know if the test are wrong and i am preg otherwise what the heck is wrong with me
    me rachel 28
    dh - 36
    ds - 10
    ds 6
    ds 5

Thanks
    Reviews
    Me too, am on the pill but didn't take it properly last month, got my period but wasn't normal. Have been feeling under the weather for a week now, can't face certain foods, sore throat off & on, crampy/achy legs, wild dreams & today sore boobs & weak cramps on left side. Did a test today negative so not sure whats going on, could be too soon for positive result. Like you SnS I am craving spicy food.

Guess we should all think about getting a blood test done at the docs. I am a little concerned as I had an ectopic before xmas so if I am pregnant I need to know asap so that I can get things checked out.

Lets hope we all find out soon.

C
    Last edited by ClareH; 13-02-2006 at 18:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    clare h yeah we should all go get some blood test, unless my dr is right and its a virus but the last 2 days i have started throwing up so i don't know whats going on. i might buy i test again today.
    me rachel 28
    dh - 36
    ds - 10
    ds 6
    ds 5

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Clare H and sugar n spice- ive had one blood test done when i was 5 days late and it was a bfn, i think i might leave it until im due again in weeks and go back then. but i agree with you clare you should probably get blood tests done, sometimes the drs aren't very helpful and think that youre making it up, but i say don't listen to them you know your body better than they do and you know something just isn't right, keep persuing it and maybe they will give in and give yuos and me an ultrasound that way we will know once and forall. it could also pick up if it is something else causing it. Hope you feel better soon and figure it all out soon, best of luck.
    Me+DH=
    Tahlia, Jordan & Wesley