We recently purchased a light fitting from an Adelaide Retailer of Lights. However when it was installed not everything went to plan. Therefore the reason I am emailing everyone I know to inform them of the dangers and the company that did not care.
One day without any warning I flicked the switch for the new dinning room light (over our dinning room table). AND……..BANG!!!!! One of the globes (the company supplied these with the fitting) BLEW UP and shattered inside one of the glass light fittings. It is a 3 globe wrought iron fitting. The bang was so big that it cracked the glass!!!!
Then not just a week or so later the exact same thing happened…….BANG!!!!!......However this time the globe BLEW A WHOLE OUT THE BOTTOM OF THE GLASS AND PIECES SHATTERED ALL OVER OUR DINING ROOM TABLE, CHAIRS AND THE FLOOR!!!!!
We were extremely lucky no one was sitting at our dinning table at the time!!!
So, I brought the smashed and totally blown out glass bowls and light globes to the lighting place (which I will name later). They did not seem to care whatsoever that if someone had have been sitting under the lighting fitting they supplied that they could have been seriously injured from the shards of glass or globe. I was told however that this happens all the time!! They said they’ve even had it happen many times in there store! They showed so sympathy, could not offer any help and even asked me to pay for the replacement glass fittings!!!!!!!
Therefore I am writing this to warn anyone I can about the unsympathetic attitude and total disregard to our safety or that of anyone else including small children (of which I have two!!!!)
[Name of retailer removed by moderators]
There are much more reputable and caring companies out there…..such as De Lights, The Lights Factory.