User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Green stools for a bottle fed baby?

OK...warning...this thread it about POO.

I just read the thread about someone who is B/F and there child has green stools.

My son is fully F/F and has green stools. I did B/F for 7 weeks and his stools were green then too. I spoke to the GP about it yesterday and he said it's nothing to worry about?!

Someone wrote in the other thread that their baby was windy with green stools and had less wind when the stool went back to normal.

Why would my son have green stools? I can't seem to figure it out. They are quite soft too....not really thick like they should be.

We are having one of his stool samples tested for an over growth of bacteria. He isn't lactose intolerant.

Mrs Little & Son.
    Me-29 DH- 29
    Cub #1 Reuel- 29/9/05
    Cub #2 Nahum- 28/5/07
    Cub #3 Amali Hope- born sleeping at 24 weeks on the 12/03/09.
    Cub # 4- Jediah- 09/07/10!
    Cub # 5- DUE TO ARRIVE 1/09/12

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found that my babies got green stools from formula due to the high iron content so it might be just that. It never seemed to bother them the colour just looked yuk, When I breastfed my babies my two daughters had bright green poo and I was told my supply was low and they weren't getting enough hind milk.

In hindsight I wish I hadn't worried about as I think this partly why I failed with breastfeeding as I was so worried my number 2 baby wasn't getting enough nutrition I introduced formula.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My bubs poo is always green and quite soft! She is bottle fed and when I asked doc she said it is the iron in the formula, and that it's nothing to be worried about.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mrs Little

My son has very green mud Poo's ( smelly toooooooo )... I have read it is quiet normal for Nan1HA Gold users.

What formula are you using ? Maybe you could ask someone using the same what there bubs poo is like ?

As for green poo's when you are breast feeding... I was told that bub was only getting foremilk no hindmilk ( and that I wasn't finishing off the first breast ) and thats why his poo was green and not yellow.

Hugs
    Heids
    ME - Heidi 03.01.73
    DH - Jason 08.06.72
    DS - Brandon 09.09.05

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep its normal the formula can do this as well as dehydration especially on hot days.
    So just make sure bubs is getting enough to drink & all will be fine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Heids View Post
    Hi Mrs Little

My son has very green mud Poo's ( smelly toooooooo )... I have read it is quiet normal for Nan1HA Gold users.

What formula are you using ? Maybe you could ask someone using the same what there bubs poo is like ?

As for green poo's when you are breast feeding... I was told that bub was only getting foremilk no hindmilk ( and that I wasn't finishing off the first breast ) and thats why his poo was green and not yellow.

Hugs
    Heids

hi all,
    yep, i use Nestle Nanpro Gold 1 for my son and he has dark green gravy poos, also quite smelly, sometimes with specks of yellow, or white, sometimes a bit grainy, he only has bowel movements every two days and my doctor assures me this is all normal, he is a happy baby, so thats fine with me.

happy days

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've been wondering about this too! My DD is 7 weeks old and we switched to formula last week after doing half BF half formula for 6 weeks. Her poo is green and very smelly and she does it either every day or every second day. We were using Nan HA but the health nurse said we can switch to the normal Nan Gold (not the HA one). Will watch the poo with great interest when we switch!

Thanks
    Reviews
    OP- I've heard that its from too much iron in the formula and when i went to my last CHN appt DS's poo was green and she asked me about my diet and i have been eating a lot of iron enriched foods and still taking my vitamin so she said it is from him getting a lot of iron in my breastmilk.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfin View Post
    I found that my babies got green stools from formula due to the high iron content so it might be just that. It never seemed to bother them the colour just looked yuk, When I breastfed my babies my two daughters had bright green poo and I was told my supply was low and they weren't getting enough hind milk.

In hindsight I wish I hadn't worried about as I think this partly why I failed with breastfeeding as I was so worried my number 2 baby wasn't getting enough nutrition I introduced formula.
    I had to post this, i hate that word, you did not fail, you did what you thought was right at that time, i dont know how long you breastfeed for but however long it is, it is an achievement!
    Mummy -20 Daddy-21
    YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL, WONDERFUL, PERFECT...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Heids View Post
    Hi Mrs Little

Sorry to resurrect a 5 year old post with our first words, but given how many new parents would search for this info and find this forum, I wanted to confirm the above comments.

Our 3 week old bubba has very green muddy poos and we too use the NAN Gold brand of formula.

Felt great to come across this post.

Thanks
    Reviews
    At least it isnt a muddy blueish grey colour like my DD. I went to the doctor and he didnt care. He just said as long as its not blood, black or white then it was normal. Like sorry but what? Anyway I decided not to worry about it as shes feeding well and isnt sick. But Ive also tried 5 different formulas and the colour poos that come out of her amaze me.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    *You cant expect to be old&wise if you were never young&crazy*