Liam and I were playing tonight, the oven was on cooking some chicken. Whilst we were playing, the smoke alarm went off. I ran into the kitchen and smoke was everywhere.
Some point after putting the chicken on and going to play, Liam had turned every knob on the stove on, thus all the hotplates were on maximum burning out the bottom of the saucepans. The amount of smoke was unbelievable - I am just so thankful I had tested the alarm a couple of days ago and changed the battery. If I hadn't had one, I would probably no longer have a kitchen, or home.
Please test and check your smoke alarm. You never know when it might be needed.