User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It Hurts to Poo

Thanks
    Reviews

Red face It Hurts to Poo

I have to ask this. It's embarressing. But hey. We all know what we're going through.

My poo hurts. Yup, I said it.
    I'm a small, quick pooer. My poo isn't really sloppy but it's soft, yanno. I like my poo, it's comfortable.
    But since being pregnant (and going on the tablets) my poo hurts. I don't know if it has rocks it in it like feels like it does or if it's just bigger than what it should be.. but oh my lordy it hurts. Sometimes there's some blood on my toilet paper too, for that first wipe, having me assume that it's so big that it's cut me.

Enough poo talk. The main basis for this post is - My poo hurts, what can I do to make it unhurt? Metamucil?
    Nikki ~ Chris
    Space Cadet Cobey C. (18/7/06)

Wiggle Worm Eva D. (28/5/09)

Thanks
    Reviews
    LOL nothing's too embarassing when you're pregnant!! Wait until you're pushing that bubs out, and you poo in front of everyone!!!

OK, I wouldn't go for the metamucil as my first option. Drink heaps and heaps of water, that lubricates everything inside. Eat heaps and heaps of fruit, kiwifruit are very good for this purpose (my MW says eat it with the skin on it provides "roughage" personally I can't do that because it tastes like, well, kiwifruit skin) Prunes and pears are also good too.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    LOL, im glad i've already had my dinner

Seriously, queenies ideas are good..the hormones soften all the intestinal muscles and they can become sluggish. You need more water. You could try having bran for brekky and prunes
    Me Dh
    DS 14
    DS 9
    DD 7
    DS 5
    DD 3 1

[Mod] veve is offline Assistant Forum Manager :)
    Winner 2007 - best signature
    Winner 2008/2009/ 2010- naughtiest mod

RG always has to save my butt <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I am personally a fan of metamucil- it is my life line since leaving the hospital with bubs... I think the orange one tastes ok ... and the fibre cant hurt!!!

and dont be embarassed - since we had a thread on Haemorrhoids there is no looking back!!!

I know that the midwife that ran our prenatal classes recommended that we drink pear juice?? apparently it is really high in fibre (and tastes ok too ) - better than prune juice!!!

hope it helps!!

xxx
    Jenny - Forum Manager
    DHJamie DS Jack and DS Alex and Dudley

mwahahahahahahaha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by the_queen
    LOL nothing's too embarassing when you're pregnant!! Wait until you're pushing that bubs out, and you poo in front of everyone!!!

OK, I wouldn't go for the metamucil as my first option. Drink heaps and heaps of water, that lubricates everything inside. Eat heaps and heaps of fruit, kiwifruit are very good for this purpose (my MW says eat it with the skin on it provides "roughage" personally I can't do that because it tastes like, well, kiwifruit skin) Prunes and pears are also good too.

Good luck!
    Hrm. I HEAPS of water, so it's not that problem.
    I know I lack fruit in my diet. I've never been a fruit lover (although I DO like Kiwifruit) and I hate pears. I think I might call husband and ask him to get a heap of kiwifruit on the way home from work.

I've been told all about pooing in front of all and sundry. I couldn't care less if that happens.. I just don't want it to be a large, hurty poo!
    Nikki ~ Chris

Thanks
    Reviews
    Seekrit I am sooo glad you posted this, I have that problem too but mine will take three days to come out I was never very regular but three days is a long time. I will go and buy some kiwis and see if that helps me.

Oh and I have never heard of doing a poo at birth, what a great time to do that, must warn DH! LOL

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had that problem from time to time - time to time being I changed my iron intake.

I was on Elevit and because I was getting quite enough iron in diet and tablet that messed around with my bowel system...

It actually says in most cases of problems of this sort it's usually iron - have you looked into that?

Otherwise, if I needed to regulate it and still take my tabs, I had to eat the fruits and stop craving so much red meat Mind you, Im not much of a fan of fruit either, so one banana a day

Thanks
    Reviews
    when I had my initial bloods done it was found I was quite low in iron, so I was taking fefol which had me have these big (HUGE) forest green poos, once every 3 or 4 days! I was mortified. But when I finished the pack and started taking the blackmores stuff I went to daily, normal colour poos only BIG ones!
    So I do assume it is iron.. but what can I do to counter that?
    Nikki ~ Chris

Thanks
    Reviews
    Perhaps it might be worth checking for haemmies. Icky I know, but if that's the problem and some cream can help, you'll be feeling a lot happier very soon.
    Cathy
    DH - Ed
    DS - Max (Jan 05)
    DD - Stephanie (Aug 06)

Thanks
    Reviews
    waaaa don't tell me that.

How do I check for haemmys? do I tell my doctor? :/
    Nikki ~ Chris