The Official Bub Hub Blog!
How to find NEW friends on The Bub Hub!
Everybody needs support and friendship. Maybe your current crowd is not at the
same stage of family life as you are and you're looking for someone to share your
parenting journey with. Or you are looking for people with similar interests
to chat with. Finding NEW friends is easy on the Bub Hub ...
How to I do find new friends?
1. Visit your local region forum section & subscribe (details on how to subscribe are below)
There are local sections for all Australia. If you'd like a new special section just for your local suburb, just ask! You can also search for conversations about your suburb – check out the search facility. We are also adding an Out & About Section for some regions!
2. Find a special interest forum section & subscribe
There are sections for cooking, gardening, craft, photography, single parents, members with partners in the forces, young mums, older mums, dads, IVF-ers and many more
3. Join or start a Forum Social Group
So how do I subscribe to a forum section?
Never miss out on a meet up, coffee date or playgroup again! By subscribing to a forum section, you’ll receive a notification each time a new thread is posted in that section. For example: if you subscribe to the Partners in the Armed Forces section you'll get an email when someone starts a thread there. Much easier than having to check the section or hope that something appears while you're checking out 'new posts'.
1. Navigate to the forum section of interest. Any time you see this RSS button , you can subscribe to that section.
2. Click on the orange RSS button
3. A screen will open up like this. Select where you want the feed to go – most people are happy for it to go to the email inbox, usually Microsoft Office Outlook
4. Click on the Subscribe Now button
5. A box will open up in Microsoft Outlook
6. Click Yes (the Bub Hub is a safe and trustworthy source)
7. A sub-folder will appear in your Outlook inbox called RSS. A Bub Hub folder will appear here automatically and your emails will go into this folder each time a new thread is started in your chosen section.
Some tips to remember!
You can delete a subscription at any time by simply deleting the relevant outlook folder
Facebook is great for keeping in touch with the friends that you already have. But it's no good for making new friends.
Remember, you only need share as much as you want to on the forum. If all you want to do is read and post occasionally, that’s fine. Nobody is forced to attend meet-ups or join playgroups! It's your community – share, gain and take as much as you wish!
For your own safety and the safety of your children, never put your address, telephone number or phone number in the open forum. When arranging meet-ups, we recommend that you only specify a potential date and likely location in open forum, with final details only being communicated to attendees via the forum private messaging system.