Whats Hot Mama
Are the School Holidays driving you crazy?
One week down and one to go. Wish it was more...
We have had a great school holidays so far. You know, school holidays can actually be great fun and they dont have to break the bank. So, here are the top 6 FREE things we have loved this week.
1. A marathon game of Monopoly. The kids purchased properties, formed partnerships, took out mortgages, ran the bank, broke the bank, and generally wheeled and dealed. Yes there was A LOT of noise, but mostly delighted screams and demands to hand over the cash.
2. Downball - we LOVE a good game of downball. The kids and my husband have managed to evolve the game so that there are three squares always in play. There seem to be dozens of rules, which evolve and change depending on who is 'out'. I have made it to 'King Square' enough to be called 'a gun'. Happy.
3. The clean up - massive room tidy ups involving all kids, a pile of garbage bags and a vacuum cleaner. Amazing how much better you feel when you can see the kids floor again!
4. Bike trip in to the city - there is less traffic on the road, the weather isn't stinking hot - perfect conditions for a bike ride to town. We live 13 km out of the city, so the kids can easily manage the round trip.
5. Skatepark - the kids are addicted to their skateboards. I like nothing better than to rug up while there skate, and I read my book. Perfect
6. Baking - each kid chose a course and a recipe and we ended up with (i) sushi rolls (ii) spagetti meat balls (iii) chocolate mousse. You should have seen the mess!
Week one down, more fun for next week!!
Kate Christie is What's Hot Mama. Kate also owns Babysitters and More, an online service putting busy people in touch with great local cleaners, nannies, babysitters, housekeepers, pet carer, aged carers and other home helpers.