Lose Baby Weight
Five Top Foods For Winter
June 1 marks the first official day of winter although it feels like winter has been here for a good few weeks already as I am permanently rugging up at the moment!
The cooler weather is a great time to make stews and soups too which are easy to make, are filling and provide great nutrition. Below is our pick of the top five favourite winter foods for you to cook with to give your health and weight loss a boost over winter - enjoy!
- Cauliflower is not only a rich source of the potent antioxidant vitamin C, it also rich in vitamin K, which helps to prevent chronic inflammation that leads to conditions such as arthritis.
- Celery contains primarily water and fibre, and is low in kilojoules making it a perfect weight loss food. It’s also a natural diuretic - so is very helpful in flushing excess water weight and toxins from your body.
- Artichokes are an excellent source of fibre. Not only is fibre important for digestive health, but research shows that foods high in fibre stimulate anti-hunger hormones, which sends a message to the brain that the stomach is full and it is time to stop eating.
- Spinach is abundant in potassium - an essential mineral for maintaining normal blood pressure and heart function.
- Beetroot is jammed packed with health-promoting antioxidants that help protect cells from free-radical damage, preventing the risk of heart disease and certain cancers
This article was written by Rhian Allen, Founder of Lose Baby Weight. For more motivation, advice, recipes and exercise plans visit http://www.losebabyweight.com.au and for daily motivation join the Lose Baby Weight Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/losebabyweight.com.au