Healthy Winter Nesting
So apparently we are on track for the driest May to date - warm sunny days but chilly nights and mornings! Most people turn to easy comfort food as Winter approaches but there are healthy yummy ways around that!
With my second child due next month, I am busy preparing my freezer for the times I am too tired to cook! Here are my little tips:
1. When cooking healthy soups, stews & casserole's, make enough to freeze a few meals.
2. Add quinoa to soups or casseroles for added nutrition. It is a super seed that is high vitamins and minerals and a complete source of protein.
3. Add a dash of natural organic yoghurt with some toasted nuts to soups, more protein, flavour and goodness!
4. Sweet tooth? Swap white flour when baking muffins for wholemeal spelt or almond meal, both work well and are much better nutritionally. Ditch the sugar for honey or maple syrup and the butter for macadamia or olive oil.
5. An evening treat - warmed dark hot chocolate. Melt any good brand of dark chocolate, add some vanilla beans (or essence) and your choice of milk. Mmmm.
Health & Happiness!