Lose Baby Weight
Slow Cooker Italian Vegetables
I LOVE my slow cooker. Saves me so much time and means I can throw some ingredients in the pan and a few hours later I have a tasty dinner ready to go. Plus you can use really healthy and low fat ingredients which means it is also great for getting that comfort food hit over winter without the calories and fat.
One of my family's favourites is when I cook up Italian Vegetables - even bub likes it.
It is tasty, easy and bursting with flavour - a win win. See my recipe below and give it a whirl this week
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin of lentils or aduki beans
- 1 large aubergine (or 2 x small ones)
- 1 large courgettes (or 2 small ones)
- 3 large tomatoes
- 2 large roasted red peppers - or buy pre roasted in a jar
- 150g low fat mozzarella
- Handful of chopped up basil leaves
- Handful of fresh oregano, roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Pinch of crushed dried chilli flakes
Calories per serving: 274.
- Crush the garlic cloves and put them into the a bowl with the tomatoes, half of the oregano, chilli flakes and salt and pepper and mix well
- Slice the aubergines, mozeralla courgettes and tomatoes into even sized slices.
- Layer half of the aubergines, courgettes, tomatoes and red peppers with basil, oregano and seasoning and start adding in the tomato sauce and garlic from the bowl. Layer with half of the lentils (or beans), half of the sliced garlic and half of the mozzarella.
- Repeat the veggie and herb layers, this time adding the tomato sauce before you add the lentils garlic and cheese, so you end with a layer of cheese. Push down well
- Cook on high for 5-6 hours until soft and serve with a big salad
This blog was written by Rhian Allen, Founder of Lose Baby Weight. For more motivation, advice, recipes and exercise plans visit http://www.losebabyweight.com.au and for daily motivation join the Lose Baby Weight Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/losebabyweight.com.au