Lose Baby Weight
Ditch Spaghetti For Soba Noodles
One of my all time favourite foods is Soba noodles which I use as a healthy alternative to white spaghetti. Soba noodles are made from buckwheat and are high in fibre, are a low GI food and contain lots of nutrients which are lacking in white processed spaghetti.
What are the health benefits in soba noodles?
- High in protein which is essential for good health
- The protein in soba noodles has been shown to reduce cholesterol levels by absorbing Cholesterol in your small intestine.
- Buckwheat reduces blood glucose levels by as much as 12-19%
- It is high in dietary fibre and is a low GI food
Here is one of my favourite recipes too – quick, easy and so tasty!
Soba Noodles with Salmon, Lentils and Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 pack of soba noodes
- 1 tin of tomato based sauce (or make your own by lightly cooking 8 tomatoes, 2 cloves of garlic and 1 x tbsp of tomato paste)
- 2 cups of brocolli
- 1 x red onion
- 2 x cloves of garlic
- 1 x tin of salmon (or use tuna, seafood, tofu, chicken)
- 1/2 tub of low fat ricotta cheese
- 1 x tin of lentils
- Cracked black pepper
In a pan boil the soba noodles for 5-6 minutes
Then cook the onion, brocolli, the garlic, the tomato sauce, the lentils and the salmon and add in the ricotta at the end. Cook for approximately 5 minutes then when cooked add to a large serving bowl where you can add in the soba noodles. Add lots of cracked black pepper then serve.
Serves 2 and Calories per serve is 520.
This article was written by Rhian Allen, Founder of Lose Baby Weight. For more motivation, advice, recipes and exercise plans visit http://www.losebabyweight.com.au and for daily motivation join the Lose Baby Weight Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/losebabyweight.com.au