View Full Version : are you/were you worried about having another baby?
I would like to know, are you or were you worried about having another baby with 'special needs' honest to god I am petrified, i know 100% I would not cope.
its scaring me because I want a third, but feel like I was only just lucky with DD and am thinking its too much of a risk and too much stress worrying for the first 2 years.
then again, DS has a different dad to DD. I guess noone knows for sure until the baby is born, or in my case 2 yrs old.
there's been a couple of discussions on this. I'll see if I can find them for you:)
Scan down to my 2nd post on pg 7 of the above thread and then there are some replies after that.
Being a mum of one,of course i would love to have another child.Genetics have told me that it was a 5% chance that what happened to my son is genetic but its a 95% chance it is not genetic.I will always worry that i will have another special needs kid but like you said in most cases i will not know until it is born,but in my case there are a few tests they can do to try and pick it up during the pregnancy.I'm still thinkin about having another one as what my son has is rare and its less likely that the next one will get it.I mean having the missing part of the brain which causes sight problems is not that bad but its the severe brain damage that has caused most of my sons problems.If you would like to know more about my boys problems read my thread titled "My story"
I have had alot of people ask me lately if me and my husband will hace another baby soon aas all the girls in my playgroup are either preggie or trying at the moment and as much as i love kenzee I am petrafied of having another baby and he or she having the issues kenz has had and has got as i dont know how i would dealing with kenz times 2, and I think it would even be hard having another one even if he or she s healthy as it would still take time away from kenzee and she is still so much a baby even at 14 months old
Yes i do worry about this all the time,before i had dd i was very scared.
You see my mum has a disorder called noonan's syndrome she dosn't have it very bad only very slightly.She has a son(my brother) that has a severve form of it,he also has epilepsy and autism.
I was told by my mum that there was a possibility that i would be the carrier of it(females carry the gene).
We have been to specialists and been told many things,my mum was once told that she didnt have it.
So i have always been very scared about it from the start.
I am hoping to god that,i am not a carrier of it and that any future children do not have it.
Don't get me wrong my brother is a lovely caring person,but i wouldn't wish it on my enemy.
My brother is fully Dependant on carers and dosn't live with us,we have visits from him though.He cannot talk,or communicate,he does do a little signing.He is like he is trapped in his body and cant find a way to communicate with people.
Yes my 2nd pregnancy was an anxious one, we were still waiting the results of genetic testing when we fell pregnant. My sons condition is rare (and a bit of a puzzle) so we chose to "wing-it" and decided that whatever happened we would deal with it just fine. I'm sure the reality would have been alot scarier. It turns out my DD is fighting fit, very healthy and she is rapidly passing my sons development level. She is proving to be a great friend to him, providing him with much amusement. We are lucky in that we are experiencing and learning very different things from each of them as they grow up together.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.9 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.