PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Else Want to Buy a Lunette?

~Kimba~
31-05-2007, 12:29
Mods I hope it's OK to post this.

I want to buy a Lunette and it's cheaper if you buy 2 at once (multiples of 2), and if you buy 3 or more then shipping from Finland is free.

I know Pobblebonk said she was keen but I'm wondering if anyone else is interested in ordering one with me, so that we qualify for the free shipping...?

If I order 3, it works out to be approx $43-44 each.
If I order 4 (or any multiples of 2), it works out to be approx $41-42 each(actual cost depends on the exchange rate on the day)

I am happy to arrange the credit card payment via PayPal if people can pay me with Direct Deposit. Anyone who's bought/ sold/ swapped MCN and done fabric co-ops with me can vouch for my honesty :yes:

BTW I'm in Sydney but if they fit in a large envelope then I should be able to post to you for free once I receive them. If they don't fit, then postage would probably be $3.85 (under 500g/ small parcel rate).

Let me know...:detective:

ETA: let me know by 5pm Sunday, as I'll place my order Sunday night.

~Kimba~
01-06-2007, 09:43
I have 2 definite takers so far - is anyone else interested? It would be great if we could at least get a 4th person as it just makes it a little bit cheaper if we buy in multiples of 2 :D

I'll wait till after the weekend to give anyone else a chance to join in...:fingerscrossed:

PM me if you are interested!

gremily
01-06-2007, 09:50
I'd love to Kimbaleo, I just don't have the money! I've got a Mooncup, so I don't really need it!

~Kimba~
01-06-2007, 11:08
OK it looks like I'm up to 5 now :smiliedance: Do we have a 6th? hehehe.

Just let me know by around 5pm on Sunday - I'll be placing the order on Sunday evening.

KarniF00l
01-06-2007, 11:21
I need to think about it Kimba, not sure if i want to stick to cloth or be brave and try a cup :o .

When is the deadline ?

ETA : whoops just read the last post.

I'll let you know.

sopolicha
01-06-2007, 11:55
I said I never would, but I ordered a Diva Cup yesterday. Grrrr. Maybe I could try both?

sarahbelle
01-06-2007, 13:02
I am trying to figure out whether to get a diva or a lunette..Can anyone help? I know the diva is cheaper but is the lunette that much better that it is worth paying the extra? If so then I will get that one. Also how much is postage for the lunette?

They may actually give further discount if we order 6 or so at a time???

gremily
01-06-2007, 13:37
I said I never would, but I ordered a Diva Cup yesterday. Grrrr. Maybe I could try both?

Alot of ppl do have a couple of different ones. I'd like to have a couple - the lunette holds more so I think that would be good at the beginning of my period when it's quite heavy, but I like the Mooncup for the fit.

I am trying to figure out whether to get a diva or a lunette..Can anyone help? I know the diva is cheaper but is the lunette that much better that it is worth paying the extra? If so then I will get that one.

Diva cup seems to be the most popular, but ppl need to keep in mind that is mostly because it is the most readily available in the US so it's talked about most on forums. It's really a personal preference - what feels good for one woman may not feel right for another. Get both:D

sopolicha
01-06-2007, 13:52
Okay grem, you talked me into it.

sarahbelle
01-06-2007, 13:53
Diva cup seems to be the most popular, but ppl need to keep in mind that is mostly because it is the most readily available in the US so it's talked about most on forums. It's really a personal preference - what feels good for one woman may not feel right for another. Get both:D[/quote]

Thanks..but I'm not sure that helped!!!:D I really need to make a decision, this is quite exciting! I had never heard of them until now and am surprised more poepl don't have them! I guess I shouldn't count my chickens before I have used it, but it sounds sooo great!

Anyother opinions would be great! Diva or Lunette?

xoxox:smiliedance:

gremily
01-06-2007, 14:03
Anyother opinions would be great! Diva or Lunette?

Get the Diva!............No! Get the Lunette!!:D

You'll get more people saying get a Diva as that's what most ppl have on here. Not me, I have a Mooncup UK and love it.

Personally, I'd probably try the Lunette just to be different;)

~Kimba~
01-06-2007, 15:20
Personally, I'd probably try the Lunette just to be different;)

:laughing: sounds a bit like me.

No really - personally I've decided on the Lunette purely because the tag is flat which sounds more comfortable, also it is apparently slightly easier to clean (I'm just going by the info on Obsidian Star's site).

Also at the moment I can only find the Divacup for $37.50 plus $6 post on eBay and the Lunette 'should' :fingerscrossed: work out ever so slightly cheaper than that, if I can order with some other people (hence this thread!) ;) I've emailed them to see if they offer further discounts for 'bulk' purchases.

sarahbelle - postage for the Lunette from me (if you join in the order) will be free IF I can fit it into a large envelope, otherwise it could be around $4-ish.

Nates_Mumma
01-06-2007, 18:21
i would like to be in - but money wouldnt be able to be sent until at least monday as i need to go into the bank... *stupid me didnt get money out*

is that ok?

i wont be online a great deal tomorrow so pm me with details plz

I would like 1 to try pls

youngones
01-06-2007, 18:54
Kimbaleo - me and my sister were tossing up between the Diva and Lunette, but we've decided to go with the Lunette - put me down for 2 and I'll pm you my details!

Shanaynay
01-06-2007, 18:58
Hi Kimba,
I just need to edjamacate myself on the Lunette vs. other cups, I'll let you know by Sunday but pencil me in :D

ETA: Kimba - count me in :thumbsup:

sarahbelle
01-06-2007, 19:03
you can get a diva on the happy nursery website for about $33 Australian with free postage.

Although cheaper if the lunette is better it may be worth the extra...agree or not?

This is just all too hard...sorry to be a pain...its just that I can't afford to buy the 2 and I want to choose whichever one is the best...

youngones
01-06-2007, 19:17
Sarahbelle - we have been going through the same dilemma, but decided on the Lunette for a few reasons:
1. it is the newest on the market, so hopefully they've taken on board the problems with other cups, maybe?
2. I've heard from some people (including Obsidian's site) that the engraving on the inside of a couple of the other cups makes cleaning a bit harder, not much, but I guess a bit.
3. as someone else pointed out, Diva is just the most popular because it has been the most available for a while now and the US is a big market.
4. after having stitches after my DD's birth and having them poking into me, the idea of a stem that doesn't poke as much is appealing...:D
5. it supposedly holds more than the Diva.

Don't know if that helps, but those are some of the reasons we decided to go with the Lunette.

MammaMia
01-06-2007, 20:06
Ok, I'm not buying (hats off to the Mirena) but I have just been reading the website and I have a question... pardon my ignorance, But...

why would you want to monitor your flow? ie why the 7ml etc markings?

Does it really matter? Is there ever a circumstance where you would need to know this information?

Of course, I'm merely curious so feel to ignore my interjection.

Funkychicken
01-06-2007, 21:21
Hey, Mammamia.

You know that thing people do when they form a circle with their index finger and thumb and then put it over their nose? Well that is what I am doing right now. :D:laughing::laughing:
Honestly, I don't know why. Didn't even stop to think about it. :p

Duchessa
01-06-2007, 21:37
Get the LUNETTE! I have one and it is absolutely WONDERFUL! But then, it is the only one I have used, and it will probably be the only one I ever use as I have exactly NO complaints about it. I LOVE my Lunette.

Funkychicken
01-06-2007, 21:38
Duchessa! You are/were my inspiration for ordering the Lunette! Thank-you so much for the info. :yelclap:

Duchessa
01-06-2007, 21:45
Ha ha :D I sing odes to it in the shower at the right time of the month when 'it's that time of the month' when 'I'm not at my best' ;) *ahem* :laughing:

~J'dore~
01-06-2007, 22:07
Hi:wave:

Question: With the Lunette do we need to order pre or post baby cups?? I know you do with some of the other cups?

gremily
01-06-2007, 22:27
Hi:wave:

Question: With the Lunette do we need to order pre or post baby cups?? I know you do with some of the other cups?

There are 2 models:
Model 1 for women who have never had sexual intercourse and aged below 20.
Model 2 is recommended for women who have a heavier flow and aged 20 or above.

sarahbelle
02-06-2007, 13:53
ok...I'm sold..can you please put my name down for 2 lunettes! I have now talked my sister in law into getting one and have 3 others looking into it!!!

pm me your details and I will transfer the money!

Thanks guys for your help:smiliedance: !

GraceUnhearing
02-06-2007, 14:11
what is it made out of?

Duchessa
02-06-2007, 14:21
Medical grade silicone. Here's a link to a review page for lots of different ones (http://www.labyrinth.net.au/%7Eobsidian/clothpads/Cups.html)

Seekrit
02-06-2007, 14:21
Silicone, kellie.

I'm scratching my head over this one. I don't really have the money to spend. And I actually don't have the need (god bless Implanon) but I want one. I'll have to mull it over.

How many people are on the list.

sarahbelle
02-06-2007, 14:24
Silicone, kellie.

I'm scratching my head over this one. I don't really have the money to spend. And I actually don't have the need (god bless Implanon) but I want one. I'll have to mull it over.

How many people are on the list.

Seekrit - I'm also on the implamon and had the same delema, bt I figured I won't be on it forever, especially if we are going to try for a baby! I am so excited about trying it I might even get my implamon removed!!!

But for $40 odd dollars, its not much over 10 years when you consider pads, panty liners, tampons etc etc!!

good luck deciding!

Nates_Mumma
03-06-2007, 12:58
sorry - i'll have to cancel mine...

DF is on 4 days stress leave and we wont have the funds... damn....

sorry ladies

youngones
03-06-2007, 19:16
Hi ladies - where are we at?

Kimbaleo can you pm me the details for payment for my two?

Thanks.

Pobblebonk
03-06-2007, 19:31
sorry - i'll have to cancel mine...

DF is on 4 days stress leave and we wont have the funds... damn....

sorry ladies

Kimbaleo - I'm going to shout tgo a Lunette, so can you please pm me your bank deets, and get tgo's address details off her. Cheers!

Shanaynay
03-06-2007, 19:55
Oi where's my shout Bonker? :laughing:

Kimba, got the PM, I'll pay sometime tonight or in the morning, and will PM you my address :thumbsup:
Thanks for organising this :smiliedance:

Pobblebonk
03-06-2007, 20:02
well i don't mind phinny - you pay half and i'll pay the other half if you like, since you sent me those offcuts! no really, i will, seriously...

i haven't got a pm from kimba back yet, when did she send you the pm?

Shanaynay
03-06-2007, 20:09
Don't be silly I was only joking :laughing:

I got one PM from her I think it was sent last night :thumbsup: I'm sure she'll check this thread anyhow and then send one out to you :thumbsup:

waawa
03-06-2007, 22:12
I'm not a mod (as you know!), but can I make a bystander suggestion that the details be organised in a non-public area? The TGA currently restricts menstrual cups as a therapeutic device, though there are moves afoot to challenge this (yay!). Importing a single medical device for personal use is legal, but importing multiple devices for redistribution is, at best, a grey area legally.

Pobblebonk
04-06-2007, 06:53
I understand your concern, waawa, but since we're all effectively paying for our own, and Kimbaleo is not making a profit from it, then I'm not sure she is "importing for redistribution". And we ARE buying them for individual personal use, we are not buying them to flog them off on Ebay, etc... This is a coop for personal use...

~Kimba~
04-06-2007, 14:00
Here I am :wave: sorry didn't end up getting online last night.

I've PM'd the interested parties and this is now closed to further participation.

waawa thanks for the concern - it's not a large number (had lots of cancellations in the end) and I'm not redistributing for profit, simply bringing some friends together to place a joint order, so :fingerscrossed: hopefully that is allowed.

Shanaynay
28-06-2007, 23:42
Hey Kimba, my cup arrived safe and sound! :smiliedance: Thanks so much! :kiss:
DD loves it and thinks it's some kind of new toy and keeps carrying it around the house :laughing:

youngones
29-06-2007, 18:29
Kimba - many thanks - our cups arrived on Wednesday, just in time for both me and my sister - AF is visiting us both next week!!

Im so excited - will post my test results in the cup newbies thread...

kymmy
07-07-2007, 15:10
Oh I missed out. I would like to try a different cup.