View Full Version : Baby breeched
my sister is 37weeks and 1 day and has been told baby is breeched. they did a scan and bub is 8 pound and 38.5 weeks they have told her they can try and turn bub or give her the c-sec on the 26th there are risks with turning him like her waters breaking or bub getting distressed and getting rapped in the cord. she is really stuck and has asked me to ask fellow bub hubbers there opinion and to see if this has happened to anyone else. Please help us she knows that in the end its up to her and what she wants but is begging for something to try and help her.
I was faced with the same decision only a couple of weeks ago (i had DD on friday) She was breech and I wanted a VB more than anything. I had decided on having the ECV BUT on my way to have it done a guy ran up the back of my car so the trauma to my tummy (from the seatbelt) then meant it wasn't a possibility. I was devasted. The c-sect whilst painful (the recovery) was okay and the gift I was given as a result means more to me than anything. Now thinking about it I can't believe I was going to be so selfish in having MY vb when really c/s was safer (slightly)
I didn't vote though because I didn't quite know what the ansers were reffering to.
I think the only person who will really know is your sister. This is a very personal choice for her and her DH/P and them alone to make.
I wish her well :) and she has the birth that she wants.
I agree with Faeml.....your sister has to decide and follow her instincts, as it will all depend on her personal comfort levels, which will be unique to her alone. To step outside them could be asking her to do something traumatic.
If she wants information upon which to base her decision, then you can find some interesting info here, even info if she wanted to try for a vaginal breech birth.
i had my dd 3 turned..with out drugs too:thumbsup:
im scared of c/secs... she was a footling breech, they turned her in less then 5 mins:yelclap: ... i felt odd for a few minutes....just cause i was used to having a head in my ribs:D
i had no problems.....
I would definately try the version first, not all babies can be turned though, so she needs to accept the possibility of that. There is also the possibility that bubs might turn on his own, my fourth DS turned from frank breech to head down at 38 weeks and he weighed almost ten pound at birth! If the baby is a frank breech there is still hope for a VB too:)
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.9 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.