View Full Version : Cancer Vaccination
Anyone out there have 12yr old + daughters that they are going to have vaccinated with the new Cancer vaccine?
My daughter is 12 in July and I think I will get her done...
I miss out for myself for getting it free!!
There's actually no such thing as a vaccine against cancer ;)
Is it actually proven to work? i was reading you still have to have smears etc so i hope that people do actually get checked out if they do have it and realise they arent immune, as horrible as they are :)
There's been no long-term studies done on the effacacy or the possible side-effects of Gardasil. The vaccine was only invented a few years ago. What if one of the side-effects is "infertility"????
Wow i thought they researched it more...i think my dd can miss out when the time comes for her, rather her have to go thru what i have been thru than put unnecessary chemicals in her body...even if they did prove to work in the end i dont want her being a guinea pig :)
And the fact is, even if it is 100% effective, it would only prevent 70% of cervical cancers (which definitely is a great majority) ... but you'd still need to have regular pap smears to detect changes which may indicate you're in the other 30%...
good points there ladies.. think I will research it more before my DD gets it...
Cervical Cancer is pretty bad and yes you still need to have your pap smears.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.9 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.