View Full Version : Teddy Bears picnic birthday party
I'd like to have a Teddy Bears picnic theme for dd's 1st birthday. There will be a mixture of age groups attending. Hopefully the weather will be good and it will be held in the backyard.
I'm getting people to bring their favorite teddy bears for a group photo.
Does anyone have any ideas that I could include to make it a bit more teddy bearish?
womans weekly teddy bear cake! my DD loved the one i made at her 2nd party!
that sounds like a good idea, wish I had thought of that for my DS's first birthday
you can do honey sammies, biscuits made in the shape of a bear food wise
umm i'm not sure what else you can do, hopefully others will have some wonderfull idea's
will definately look into making a teddy bear cake & some teddybear cookies- I'll get my 6 year old to help.
- Bears in blankets (bikkies): Just put a tiny teddy on a little bikky and tuck them in with icing, kids luv them.
- Certificates for each bear. Just prewrite The most........................teddy. And pop it in their lolly bag or present it to them. Get someone else to fill it out coz you'll be busy.
- A nametage for each bear so noone loses their ted and u know who owns who. Just a piece of carboard, punch a hole and a safety pin and a teddy sticker if u want.
- Greet the children as goldilocks, make crepe paper yellow piggy tales and stick them on a head band.
- Read the three bears: even ask other parents to help perform it...if u dare
- Play the song or read the story bear hunt
- paint bear noses on any kids that want one.
- Brear ears: Cut up a strip of cardboard and staple two cricles for ears and offer them to the kids when they arrive.
- Sing "teddy bears picnic song" , u should be able to get the book from a library
Hope that helps. I've done heaps of teddy picnics. I always dress up as babybear and wear a towel as the nappy. Well its fun:p
We had a teddy bears picnic for our DDs birthday. It was great.
- I bought teddy bear lolly bags and put tiny teddies and gummy bears in them.
- You have to have a teddy bear cake!! My brothers GF made DDs. It was gorgeous.
- I made chocolate cupcakes and put white chocolate icing and milk chocolate "paws" on them using a large melt and three smaller ones.
- Also made "beary bread" just used plain old bread with sprinkles and used a teddy bear cookie cutter to cut pieces into bear shapes.
I got these ideas by doing a google search on kids themed birthday parties. There's heaps more ideas on the net.
Enjoy it! Its lots of fun!!
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.9 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.